• This topic has 53 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mt.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Its nice to see that Dave was right about everyone deserving a second chance….
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So sbob you are poor and you vote Tory, which according you proves that the Tories are right.

Well I’m sure that Rebekah Brooks and Rupert Murdoch would be very please to hear that, to stay on topic.

Do you buy the Sun sbob?

sbob
    Free Member

I’m not whining about my life. I’m sitting in my comfortable 16th century townhouse, looking out over the river towards the meadows and I have food in my belly.
    All good.

But I am poor, by STW standards, so am meant to be one of the people that the collective would love to help.

Unfortunately I have slightly different opinions so this is not the case. I’m evil and selfish instead.

and suddenly it strangely became an issue of salaries and not the overall tax burden.

There is nothing “strange” about it.
    As someone who earns quite frankly a shitload, you’ll end up paying more due to VAT increases than I will.
    Simply that, so don’t accuse me of moving the goalposts.

sbob
    Free Member

I’m poor by STW standards ernie, didn’t vote tory in the last election and don’t buy the Sun.

Sorry for being awkward.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

UKIP maybe?

Anyway back on topic……I haven’t followed this story very closely but while Rebekah Brooks was cleared of personal involvement hasn’t it been firmly established that under her watch widespread criminal activity occurred in News International? Isn’t that why News of the World was forced to fold after over 150 years?

It appears to be yet another example of rewarding failure which seems to be so prevalent these days. Of course the more you earn and the greater the “responsibility” someone has the greater the reward for failure.

sbob
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

UKIP maybe?

Definitely not, although I do not agree with an “open door” immigration policy.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Bloody hell it’s getting warm in here tonight!
    Runs down to put kettle on and look for some good dunking biscuits then realises that the kids haven’t gone back to school yet so the cupboards will be empty! Damn it.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Did she ‘fail’? She obviously did by the moral standards of the general public, but since the organisation she worked for was completely complicit with everything that was going on her bosses probably thought that she did a great job so have re-hired her. In fact no probably about it, the fact they’ve re-hired her proves it.

This is where I think the press have lost it. They have become conceited and arrogant and think they are untouchable and can just treat people like crap, take a slap on the wrist and a fine from court, then carry on as if nothing happened.

But we, the general public, still buy our papers whilst whinging about the underhand tactics of the press. Maybe if we actually acted with conviction and stopped buying papers then they might start revising their behaviours.

edlong
    Free Member

But we, the general public, still buy our papers whilst whinging about the underhand tactics of the press. Maybe if we actually acted with conviction and stopped buying papers then they might start revising their behaviours.

Sums it up really. Remember when the Milly Dowler stuff came out and the pitchforks were sharpened, the torches lit? People in their thousands bombarding companies who advertised in the News of the World, saying they’d never buy their products again if they continued to support the evil buggers? NotW shut down, then brief pause, then “Sun on Sunday” launched and normal serice resumed….

Mind you, I remember the Daily Mail solemnly promising to never again publish paparazzi shots after Saint Diana died. That went well too, huh?

It’s a free market, we get the press we deserve. Depressing.

langylad
    Free Member

When you say ‘we the general public still buy our papers’, i don’t doubt for one minute, judging by the cogent arguments here, that anyone who has contributed to this thread buys a redtop.
    Unfortunately there is a massive percentage of the public who do buy them, don’t think for themselves, and will not bat an eyelid at her return to prominence. It makes me sad and angry in equal measure

footflaps

I’ll wager £50 Cameron gives her a Damehood in his exit honours list in 5 years time as he won’t give a shit what anyone thinks.

footflaps

Steve Bell hits the nail on the head again!

kimbers

footflaps – Member
    I’ll wager £50 Cameron gives her a Damehood in his exit honours list in 5 years time as he won’t give a shit what anyone thinks.

was thinking exactly that

bet milly dowlers parents will love that 🙁

pk13

I’m not sure people even care about anything anymore.
    Everyone knows phone hacking took place at those papers, it made people’s life hell and re-employing her just flips the middle finger to the Family’s involved. But I don’t think people care as long as they have cheap booze and benifit scrounging pensions too blame everything on.

mt
    Free Member

It does seem some what in bad taste to have her back but as some have already mentioned it was expected. Given that phone hacking is not now at the top of the news agenda, is the Mirror Groups court cases settled yet? Not hearted anything in a while. Also what’s happened to all the Leverson recommendations?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Its nice to see that Dave was right about everyone deserving a second chance….’ is closed to new replies.