Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • It's nice and quite on the forum this morning… Good night was it?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Kids to bed, a huge steak with chips n peas, a movie (The Kings Speech – excellent btw), a superb red and off to bed for a cuddle with Mrs ASK.

Blimey, 37 going 70… As such up early with the kids and no hangover for the first time in about 20 years. 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

We had a Chinese in town with friends, didn’t drink to much and town was dead so probably would happily have made midnight but husband drank himself stupid and had to be taken home at 1030 so won’t get a peep from him til lunch time. Meanwhile I have a date with the Christmas tree 🙂

ask1974
    Free Member

Tee he he…

Make him a full English when he wakes and you can ram that one home for weeks. Milk it, milk it, milk it…!

Lots of riding time. 😉

emma82
    Free Member

I think he would be sick and in which case I’d have to clean it up. He’s currently snoring so loudly I’m sure he’ll wake the neighbours

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Had a quiet one with the girlfriend last night, no beer. I am now about to go and reap the rewards of my lack of ale and go give the bike some stick. After that it’s off to my mothers for a new years lunch with all the trimmings.

yossarian
    Free Member

A single bottle of wine with my wife last night, some very nice food and been dozing on the sofa this morning whilst the kids have been playing.

Off to the beach at lunchtime for our annual bonfire, need to mix up some pancake mixture to cook on the embers.

Might have another snooze first though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m on call. It’s been quiet do far. Fingers crossed.

ask1974
    Free Member

Yossarian that sounds fantastic. We’re off to my parents for family day by the sea too. Raining and mucky though so inside and lots of grub 😀

takisawa2

Night in with the good lady, watched The Kings Speech. (Agreed, is an excellent film). Late snack of crisp sandwiches & a Bailey’s to toast the new year. Up at 6:30 for a 4.6m run & watching Scooby Doo with the kids now. Bike ride with kids later, around Chasewater me thinks. (It’s the closest thing we have to the sea here in the midlands, well it was till they drained it) 🙂

CHB

Night in with the family. Watched a selection of films and had some nice food and a bottle of Pink Lanson (wifes choice!).
    Up relatively early…trying to decide what to do…long walk me thinks.

Drac

Drank pretty much solid since Xmas night so took last night off as back to work tomorrow. Mrs and kids were at pantomime all day yesterday so I relaxed from Friday’s 13 hour drinkathon. When they came back I watched Pirates of the Caribbean with my eldest. Mrs then fell asleep so with the kids in bed I went on my computer. Came back through before midnight Mrs was in bed so I watched some of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly until after midnight and then was in bed just after.

I don’t bother too much with it now anyway as I’m either working or we have the kids anyway so can’t do much. I’ve been on holiday this week but those that I normal drink with or working this weekend so no one to go out with, that’s why I did Friday instead.

Lovely sunny day up here so after taking down the outside lights and the tree I may disappear on my CX bike.

gusamc
    Free Member

down the local (old fogey armchair pub with a pub dog), nipped out for a curry, then back for bells, found that the pub tradition is everybody into the street, big circle and a quick Auld Lang Syne. Best bit was the jukebox – a electic mix of 60s crooner ballads, Stones, Queen rock etc and seeing the ‘crinklie’ reactions (I’m 52 by the way) – two old girls, in their posh frocks – maybe 70 and when Gimme Shelter came on the were both headbanging and singing along – brilliant.

Enjoy the beach, we alays used to do Ballantrae beach when my parents were younger, quick wander, grab any good fire or driftwood and a coffee from the flask as we looked out through the telescope.

donsimon
    Free Member

Quiet night for me, bottle of wine and a movie…

Vortexracing

Went round to the brother in Laws last night, a bit noisey (he had a few others round). back by 1am, up at 7am this morning. Spent between 12 and 1am trying to get some Chinese lanterns going 🙄 ended up resorting to a blow lamp in the end.

We took the dog round and he was giddy all night, poor little bugger is knackered, flat out on the couch. Not sure he his up for his morning run on the field yet.

Now just about to start peeling spuds for tea. (mother in law and my mum and dad are coming round here for tea).

Youngest still in bed and eldest went round to her mates last night and stopped over.

Was hoping to go for a local ride but it’s honking down here. 🙁

mattbee

Wife was on a late shift last night and an early this morning so quiet one for us. In bed by 11pm, although a 26kg dog attempting to crawl under the bed to get away from the noise of the fireworks had us awake until 1am ish.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Round at a friends, champers, meal, red wine, ale, more champers (I think), fireworks, wii, more ale, home at 0300, not feeling well this morning.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I went for a kip at 3pm because I had a migraine. Woke up at 10am this morning.

wingnuts

In holland with the out laws. Nice meal and then to some friends for a quiet party. More food and civilised drinking. Kids setting off small fireworks. I now understand that the bangers set off during the day and these supervised kids was just a prelude to the mans job that happens at midnight. I have seen good public displays of fireworks in my time but this was the blitz! Three unrelenting hours of ballistic vandalism. Each village was trying to out do the other. Now this isn’t a carefully orchestrated thing. Grown men open their garages a set of tons of stuff in the street. The house we were at put up 2hrs worth without a break. That’s 4 blokes loading lighting and drinking and giggling like naughty school kids. between them they had spent €1500! I of course show British reserve and stood back….., for about 2minutes! It was the best night I’ve had for years. Stunned that holland still exists and that thousands aren’t maimed. We’ll be back next year! With the (adult) kids and asbestos gloves.

AirconAde
    Free Member

In bed by 10.30 as working at 04.30 in morning, got to work to find out that I’m the only engineer on site and the only other person is the security guard.
    Still I did manage to strip my lads forks and find a bent leg (Doh more expence) and do a bit of urban trials riding around the 25 acre site. Only six hours left of trying to keep myself busy.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Bed by 4 after a bucket load of fine malt, up at 7 with the little one. No hangover but feel a bit tired

Woody
    Free Member

Lovely sunny day up here

That’s strange – it’s been chucking it down here for the last 2 hours and I got soaked taking the dogs out!

Nice quiet drink with neighbours lazy night and no hangover. Can’t decide whether to get the cx bike out too but probably not as I’d have to clean it 😐

stoat

Another poor soul on call here too!
    paulosoxo, Ive been busy:-(

racefaceec90

was playing* my telecaster all last night/early morning.fingers sore today 🙁 *when i say playing,i mean mindless noodling,trying to follow tunes on my pc,but sounding like i’ve just stepped on a cat 😯 (good job i don’t have an amp YET! 😀

Drac

That’s strange – it’s been chucking it down here for the last 2 hours and I got soaked taking the dogs out!

You live too near the Mackems.

willard

Had a massive argument with my wife at about 10 o’clock last night, so it was a shit NYE.

Currently in the office doing a bit of work before doing something that does not involve being at home.

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ve never been a massive fan of NYE, and usually I’ve worked the night shift at the NHS coalface … but off this year, and it was great.

Small party at a mate’s house, good food, plenty of beer, silly games, jenga, spotify DJing and a good view of Bristol going mental with the heavy firework ordnance at midnight. Retired at about 4ish – I’m getting old. 🙂

bellys
    Free Member

Took wife to see The girl with the dragon tattoo very good film. Then had a cpl of beers waiting for my lad to get home and sat up watching tv with wife untill 2am ish.

wallop

@noteeth – I was quite surprised about the huge number of fireworks coming from the direction of Bedmonster last night – they went on for ages!

dogbert
    Free Member

Nice night in with the wife, she subjected me to Take That live on blu-ray and I got torn into a bottle of Sailor Jerry.

Jackie Bird (the scots among us will know who she is) stared at me like I was some sort of alcoholic then watched some of the Hootenanny till call of duty took over then bed by 1am

Feel fresh as a daisy although i’m sure the cold my nephew brought to us for xmas has finally got it’s claws into me now.

noteeth
    Free Member

the huge number of fireworks coming from the direction of Bedmonster

I was up on Windmill Hill, so had a good view. Bemmy always makes a good noise – it was as if they had declared war on Southville.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘It's nice and quite on the forum this morning… Good night was it?’ is closed to new replies.