Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Its nearly Dakar time again
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Here is hoping Peterhansel can get this years win, shame he is in a BMW.

robbo1234biking

What TV channels are showing it this year? Is it Eurosport again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All about the trucks, IMO!

mattsccm
    Free Member

It would be nice to see KTM beaten but it isn’t the same without the big twin bikes. As long as its not Despres. Something smug about him.

bakey

I’ve raced Enduro a bit and would love to do this. However I’m too old, untalented and nowhere near brave enough!

Chapeau to all those that compete and more so to those who finish against all odds, esp. the unsupported privateers.

A wonderful spectacle and challenge.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

what date does it start? checked the website but it makes no sense and the only dates I can find are for May.

I too hope eurosport have the good sense to cover some Dakar this year

TenMen
    Free Member

According to the website, Eurosport will be showing it.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

In fact, just tell me to shut up completely and for good

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Can’t wait, hope it’s in HD again this year.
    Is it in Peru/Argentina again?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Is it in Peru/Argentina again?

Erm , Dakar.

austen

There are a few bikes from the UK this year too, look out for Simon Pavey, Craig Bounds and Jenny Morgan all from the welshside and entered as privateers. All are also asking for small donations to help pay service/travel/entry costs as it’s hideously expensive to enter, you should be able to find their sites pretty easily.

For all the (internet) dakar coverage you can stomach have a look at http://www.advrider.com under racing. There are several threads on personal and bike preparation, updates from the road etc. Jenny in particular has done a thorough job describing what is involved.

Love the Dakar, doubt I’ll ever be brave enough to enter but will be closely following the progress and may go and see it in person if it returns to Africa (rumoured for 2012/2013).

Brrrrmmmmmmm.

Harry_the_Spider

The Charley Boorman “Race To Dakar” book and DVD are worth a look (IMHO).

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Argentina and Chile.

Duntmatter – It hasnt been in Africa for a wee while. Not so smart now are you…

http://www.dakar.com/2011/DAK/presentation/us/r3_5-le-parcours.html

robbo1234biking

They moved it from Africa because it was considered too dangerous. Harry – I also enjoyed the Charley Boorman DVD gave a good insight to what goes on behind the scenes.

Isnt Simon Pavey an Aussie or similar?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – I stand corrected. Type my name properly, please.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I think you’re correct to say that Simon Pavey is Australian, however he has been resident in the UK for some years and has been associated with Trail Bike And Enduro magazine for most of it’s life.

I haven’t bought that magazine for a few years now since they ran an interview with Charley Boorman by some stuck up posh woman who saw it as her mission to berate Charley for going down the big budget fully supported route on his ventures and who described the charitable work he and Ewan McGregor undertook as “boring”. Unforgivable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Its nearly Dakar time again’ is closed to new replies.