Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • It's n+1 time: help me decide?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

After riding flat bars for ~30 years or so, I quite fancy one of these two.

C-de-F

Sutra LTD

But does anyone on here have anything to offer on which I should choose over the other, for any reason? Seems to be tricky getting test rides round here.

Or anything else I should consider? (And I can’t afford anything made out of titanium for this one.)

(Sorry if it’s been done to death. Just thought I’d offer it out there while I drink this coffee.)

Bregante

And I can’t afford anything made out of titanium for this one.)

are you sure???

No idea what it will be like but I’m very interested to find out ….

opusone
    Free Member

If it’s not a silly question, what’s the bike for? CdFs are brilliant work horse / tourers, and it has similar kit (1×11, hydraulic brakes) to the kona but is cheaper.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

ah .. that looks nice that, thanks. Always worth asking isn’t it.

I just can’t get away from Brant-bikes, it seems…

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

what’s the bike for?

Not a silly question, but I don’t have an answer.

I just like the look of the bikes, they look good fun. Like when I bought my old Compo.

opusone
    Free Member

Well so long as you’re not planning on doing road racing or CX then either of them. Cdf would make a great commuter or tourer or shop potterer, but looks-wise I don’t think the current edition is the best genesis have ever done.

sandboy

I’ve had my Croix de Fer for over 3 years and I simply can not fault it. It has been my every day commuter, winter road bike,I have even raced a few CX races (with no intention of winning!) and light touring/bike packing trips. If I could only have one bike, it would be the one I would keep. It’s not the lightest or fastest but certainly the most versatile.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’d feel more comfortable wanting a Croix de Fer if I knew how to pronounce it. 🙁

opusone
    Free Member

Kwah duh fair (more or less)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘It's n+1 time: help me decide?’ is closed to new replies.