Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • It's magic being a dad sometimes.
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

My wee 5 year old (nearly 6) came out of her bedroom all upset. Couldn’t find her Tinkerbell bag for going away on holiday tomorrow.
    Big wrenching sobs. Gave her a big cuddle, told her it was sure to turn up. Got her settled and into her PJ’s and into bed for a wee 10 minute read while I caught up with some work…

Went back in to see her after the 10 mins- still clearly very upset. She needed the bag to go on holiday, how could she go on holiday if she couldn’t find her bag? Wee soul. While chatting to her I spotted something blue and bag-like under her bed; crouched down a wee bit and could just spy a picture of Tinkerbell on it.

Never mind, I said, come on into the bathroom and get your teeth brushed. Sometimes things turn up when you least expect.

Brushed her teeth, gave her some mouthwash, told her we’d count from 10 backwards while she rinsed. On the count of 10, I ‘remembered’ that I had left something in the other room. So she’s rinsing away, and I scramble into her room, grab the bag, put it under her covers. Back into the bathroom for 5-4-3-2-1. Never mind wee lamb, that bag is sure to turn up when you least expect.

I got the biggest giggling smile I ever saw 🙂

Sometimes its magic being a Dad.

allthepies
    Free Member

rob-jackson
    Free Member

atp = jealous tit

mogrim

You can provoke this kind of reaction, too: try leaving your girl a big, shiny present out under the tree at christmas then, when she’s gone to sleep, hide it.

yunki
    Free Member

excellent..

there’s little better 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

So now you know, just keep on nicking her stuff the magically returning it so you can maintain this level of awesomeness. For ever. 😆

codybrennan
    Free Member

<still floating>

mogrim

If you actually do hide her stuff, you can then easily predict timings and record it, hence:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHa_218fCMo[/video]

pudd
    Free Member

You sound like a good dad Mr Brennan. That was an impressive act of selflessness.

Woody
    Free Member

Tough crowd tonight.

Brought a little tear to my eye that did. 😉

codybrennan
    Free Member

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – so, does your daughter like pink? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Pink is mandatory for girls, isn’t it?

bencooper
    Free Member

Some girls like pink – mine, not so much…

althepal

Good story.. Can relate to that.. This ATP likes it!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘It's magic being a dad sometimes.’ is closed to new replies.