Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • It's in the country!!!! (New bike content)
  • alfabus
    Free Member

USPS and Parcelforce both agree that my Blur TRc frame has cleared customs… just got to wait for them to send me a letter with my customs reference, then I can pay the charges and get it delivered 🙂

Excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

haggis1978

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!!! 😀

neninja
    Free Member

If you know the USPS tracking number you can enter that on the ParcelForce website to get their tracking number and then phone and pay the duty without having to wait for days for the 2nd class post letter to arrive.

fathomer

Out of curiosity, did you save much?

jota180
    Free Member

You can go to the local PF depot pay the duty and pick it up there and then

stratman
    Free Member

My local depot will only take cheque or cash so be prepared!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I was tracking mine from the US a couple of months ago, very hard waiting, took about 2 weeks in total, well worth the wait though compared to the lol-tastic UK price.

twohats
    Free Member

where did you order it from and how much?
    I’m in the market for a new bike…

alfabus
    Free Member

Got it now :o)

The tracker said it came into the depot late last night, so I rang them today; they said I could come in, pay the duty and pick it up.

So it is now sitting in my van outside in the office car park – the temptation to go home and fettle is very strong!

For those asking, it was bought by a friend of mine who is out there on business and posted back to me. Saving quite a decent chunk, even after the duty is paid.

Dave

v666ern
    Free Member

oooh alfabus your quite close to me…what colour van is it, if i break into all of them ill find it eventually! 😆

great big JEALOUS from me! 👿

alfabus
    Free Member

it’s, erm… pink. yeah, that’s right, it’s a pink van.

<goes outside to check on / stroke new bike/>

v666ern
    Free Member

<walks off to find pink van in the west country, shouldnt be difficult 🙄 >

congrats

fathomer

Not jealous at all, honest!

alfabus
    Free Member

Behold:

tonight, I will be heli-taping the crap out of it 🙂 then it will be getting the blackbox revelations, hope hoops (crest), thomson stem, easton haven carbon bars and full 2012 2×10 XT group from my 575, plus a new Reverb 🙂

Bring on some weather that is nice enough for me to let it out of the garage!

Dave

Coyote
    Free Member

Nice.

How are you fixed for warranty if anything goes wrong?

Serious question by they way, not being chippy or owt. 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

I would really recommend you get a downtube protector for it, a guy on mtbr makes them for Santa Cruz bikes. I have one on my TRc and it’s probably paid for itself a couple of times now, quite often hear a big THWACK on the downtube/lower link when riding through rocks.

If you can, helitape where the lower pivot attaches to the rear triangle (at the bottom) too, I’ve had a rock strike here which taken a chip of paint off.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m assured that the shop in the states will look after me. I haven’t enquired as to whether the UK distributor will help at all if I have problems.

This the the obvious downside of importing it, but the saving I’ve made will pay for quite a lot of shipping back and forth if necessary!

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

I would really recommend you get a downtube protector for it

I’ve ordered one of these:
    from here: http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=70653&cpage=2&title=rock-protection-for-santa-cruz-and-niner-frames&cat=30

Hopefully it’ll do the job and not weigh a ton 🙂

Dave

Stevelol
    Free Member

That’s the one 🙂 I got the heaviest one and it weighs next to nothing in your hands.

alfabus
    Free Member

I just got the standard duty one, I’ll report back how I get on with it

(once it arrives! it is stuck in a post depot in Los Angeles according to the tracking 🙁 )

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

Built, placed on mossy patio, photographed with phone in the dark:

Weighs 26.4 lbs as pictured (with pedals and hans dampfs)

Dave

wwaswas

they printed ‘hans dampf’ in the wrong place on the front tyre.

warton
    Free Member

they printed ‘hans dampf’ in the wrong place on the front tyre.

Don’t be ridiculous, that printing is perfect. The Writing on the rims however, is way off.

alfabus
    Free Member

yes, they have screwed the printing up, causing endless hours of lost sleep worrying about which logo to line up 😉

wwaswas

it’s worse that the back ones right too 🙂

I’d have gone with valve/Schwalbe being in line too, though.

fathomer

Very nice, deserves some better pictures though.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ll take some better pictures tonight – dinner was ready, so I rushed the photo stage 🙂

I also managed to balls up shortening the reverb hose – so will need to rebleed it.

Just had the good news of another new arrival on the way – t’missus has bought an ASR 5 alloy, so I’ll get to play bikes building that too 🙂

Dave

Stevelol
    Free Member

Looks great, the white would look even better with the white lt2c graphics.

Let us know what you think when you’ve slung a leg over!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘It's in the country!!!! (New bike content)’ is closed to new replies.