Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • It's hammering it down, forget the bike what's for breakfast.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bacon and egg butty (hmmm red or brown.?) and a fat coffee.

You.?

marsdenman
    Free Member

As the STW Saddleworth / Marsden ride sets off from my doorstep I think I'd best show up for it – rain or not – so, whilst i'm thinking bacon and egg with brown sauce it will be Oatibix and some whole-meal toast….. cos my body is a temple doncha know 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

Lashing it down in Milton Keynes so going bowling with my daughter. May have to get a micky d's breakfast as my body too is a temple (Bhudda) 😯

kerv
    Free Member

Yep I can vouch for the rain in MK, should be doing Thetford race this morning but its 180mile round trip in a monsoon or bacon, scrambled eggs and shrooms on toast with a cup of Yorkshire tea? Pass the brown sauce.

TN
    Free Member

It's pains au chocolate and a big mug of tea and a plea to the rain gods to stop…

johnners
    Free Member

All Bran. I like a smooooth poo.

Onzadog
    Free Member

neilsonwheels – Member

Dear God! Brown obviously.

nedrapier

marmalade sandwich, cup of tea and back to bed with a good book!

Dancake
    Free Member

Ham and cheese toasties…large black coffee

neilsonwheels – Member

Dear God! Brown obviously.

+1 ; Tomato sauce should be banned.

Had man flu all week and havnt washed the bike since I went out on it Wonday. Wore the pads through so the spings were pinging into the disc too so I better change those.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Wheatabix with sliced banana and honey, nice strong espresso to follow. No riding for me today as its my weekend my daughters.

vrapan
    Free Member

Porridge with blueberries and bananas cut in plus a nice cup of coffee straight from the Aeropress 🙂

If it clears out later on I might go for a quick spin otherwise it is Dragonage time for me!

Dan67
    Free Member

Well Im feeling a fry up perhaps with eggy bread

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sausage butty & strong coffee for me, followed by a few rounds of wholemeal toast with blackcurrant jam!

supposed to be riding so crossing all extremeties….

postierich
    Free Member

looks like a bacon buttie then will try and not kill myself getting the chrimbo decs from the loft.

Hopefully ride about 12 ish when the puddle on my drive disappears

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just had thick sliced toast with butter and a good strong stove top coffee, took dog for walk earlier and we are both now curled up on sofa, the dog is asleep on my lap and I have just finished 'The Girl who played with fire' by Stieg Larsson, as decided that here on the edge of Northampton a canoe might be better than a bike, so today is being used as a warm up for my festive season lethargy.

Oh and for the OP's original question +1 for brown

MrOvershoot

Nice & sunny here! The Clwyds are pin sharp out of the back window so I'm off out in an hour (watch it cloud over now)

Oh toast & jam with a litre of coffee

joolsburger
    Free Member

Been pissing it down all night in Surrey it's dry now but I just cant be arsed as the missus needs me back by 12, English Muffins with Jam, couple of slices of crispy bacon, big pot of Java. Going to Watch 2012.

Raindog
    Free Member

LOL at MrOvershoot – how right you were, it's lashing down now 🙂

Oh, kippers on toast for me.

nickc

[smug]
    Went yesterday
    [/smug]

Danish, coffee, oh and Ketchup is the king of sauce.

samuri
    Free Member

I'm not bothered by rain but I woke up with my knee on fire. Not sure what's caused it but it really hurts every time I put any weight on it, so I didn't bother. Already ridden 120 miles this week anyway and so decided to build up my old cross bike into a working state, almost managed it too but the chain exploded on me and I haven't got anything suitable lying around to replace it with.

theotherjonv

You're all soft. I had weetabix with frosties on top ' because I could' and then because this am was the only possible free riding time today, off I went. Hammered down in the car and the first few minutes of a Swinley ride, and then the clouds cleared and it was sun all the way!!

Tell you one thing though. Muddy miles are about three times harder than dry ones.

Tell you another thing. I know some complain about the armouring of some trails of the at Swinley, but try riding the Stickler today. First 200yds from the far end (from LSP) are AWFUL, before the armouring starts and then it was wet and a bit puddly but a dream in comparison. Ditto the Seagull and Tank Traps. SEncapsulates perfectly why these high traffic trails need assistance.

MrOvershoot

Raindog – Member

LOL at MrOvershoot – how right you were, it's lashing down now

Oh, kippers on toast for me.
    I wasn't disappointed either, 5 minutes after posting the sky went black and the rain started!
    Still it was a day of sunshine and showers and I still went out and had my legs ripped off by a far to fit mate (now numbing the pain with red wine)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘It's hammering it down, forget the bike what's for breakfast.?’ is closed to new replies.