Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • It's grim up North
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Weather wise 🙁

Warm and sunny in the SE this morning (shirt sleeve order), cloudy and cold in the Midlands, rain by the Thelwell viaduct and wet and cold in the Lakes. Good job I am just looking after my old mum and not looking to ride!!

Early runs up fells might be cold and wet though!!

Hope the forecast is better

scotroutes

Lovely day up here. I think you mean “it’s grim in that middle bit”

bruneep

Agreed. Almost tropical here today

Frankenstein
    Free Member

When it’s 20 degrees C I’ll call it warm lol

12C is not warm unless you’re in Iceland!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes May Morning swim in St Andrews.

Got a fire on now!!

kayla1
    Free Member

It was bobbins here this morning (County Durham). It’s brightening up a little now but I’m full of Sunday dinner so I’m too fat to move.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not too bad around Derby. I could have gone for my normal Sunday ride this morning and mostly escaped any rain. It’s been spitting on and off, but i’ve been out an about in a short sleeved polo shirt – it’s not warm by any stretch, but not particularly cold.

Fingers crossed for a nice weekend up in Scotland next weekend as i’m doing the Caledonia Etape.

binners

At least It’s stopped snowing.

I wish I was joking. I’m not.

Both thursday and Friday I had to clear an inch of snow off the car before heading to work. It’s May FFS!!! 😥

Anyway hurty … I hope you’ve got your passport and had your jabs

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And who says that southerners are soft?

kayla1
    Free Member

In mitigation we did have a 20-odd mile turf out yesterday morning for coffee and a cream scone 😀

nickc

I believe it’s coming your way…we’re finished with it now, thanks,

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No need Binns, spent much of my childhood up here and married a Cheshire lass. Only need care north of the wall to avoid duck’s heavies waiting in ambush! 😉

River has risen markedly in last two hours, Just took my old mum for a drive – went over Wrynose, Duddon, back route to Broughton and Torver etc. Road surface at the bottom of Wrynose by Fell Foot very poor for the Fred. Love the signs warning of 2000 cyclists using the road in a few weeks time. Must be carnage through Little Langdale on the day!!!

rOcKeTdOg

short sleeves and sunnies in Oxford today

RickDraper
    Free Member

Parents are down south and its T-shirt weather. I was out on my bike, getting pissed on in the cold. I’d not swap them though!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Every weather in one day, every day this week in Yorkshire
    Rain, sleet, hail, sun, windy, snow, doing my head in, don’t mind cold and wet, but prefer not to have to change every twenty mins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘It's grim up North’ is closed to new replies.