Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • It's great to see the Americans doing their nut…
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

" it came across as self-aggrandising, pro-devolution rhetoric"

Probably an accurate assessment. I'm not getting all dewy-eyed over Mcaskill – but I think he does believe what he is saying, albeit pompously, and is sticking his neck out for what he thinks is right even if others don't.

Like him.

clubber
    Free Member

there are people on there CONVINCED that Pres.Obama is an African-born Muslim dictator?????

He is, isn't he? 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was actually pleasantly surprised by how articulate, intelligent and worldly some Americans are – a marked contrast to their frothing, quasi-illiterate redneck cousins i might add.
    It seems that those with the least to say make the most noise, if foreigners take that (& other websites) as indicative of the US then many, many Americans must be deeply embarrassed.

I've actually posted links to STW in discussions on Topix when appropriate (MaFitz on the NHS thread is one such American) and believe it or not, they are astounded by how polite we all are when discussing things on here!

Gods forbid Americans use STW as a way of understanding the UK!!! 😆

GrahamS

I think he does believe what he is saying, albeit pompously, and is sticking his neck out for what he thinks is right even if others don't.

Agreed, and I don't even think it was particularly pompous or self-aggrandising – just a good speech that clearly explained the decision.

Nor was it particularly "pro-devolution". Don't forget that Scots have had their own system of law since Roman times and the "Prisoners and Criminal Proceedings (Scotland) Act 1993" that Al-Megrahi has been released on, pre-dates devolution by five years.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘It's great to see the Americans doing their nut…’ is closed to new replies.