Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • its good to be back in the saddle (;-)
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

after 16 weeks self imposed ban on biking i had my first ride on my new
    bike today
    so far quite happy
    all for just unde the £1k mark as well so pretty chuffed
    brakes seem a little vauge but hopefully that will improve
    I have 13 days leave to have some fun on this before i start my new proper Job !
    cant wait to get out in the hills and get fit again
    great to be back 😀
    DTD
    [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3366/3303000893_6fb08f8e88.jpg?v=0[/img]

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

That looks nice

bomberman
    Free Member

Nice! are they dt swiss rims? and slx crankset??

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

cheers i did not fancy the colour butthe price was right !
    pleasantly surprised with the colour when i opened the box

toons
    Free Member

Why the self imposed ban?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

yes dt swiss rims and upgraded to slx crankset 😆

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

toons on a 16 week resedential course for new job and really could not afored to get injured and just no chance of getting out on bike during the course ihave put on 3/4 of a stone 😯

taka
    Free Member

like the alloys 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Another Pitch, you did well getting your hands on one!

I reckon you should have had the double and bash version of the SLX crank though. Far more in keeping with the rest of the bike, and Spesh’s low BB heights….

🙂

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

:lol:peter iwas very close to odering the double and bash but it was £15 MORE THAN THE TRIPLE ! WTF ?
    i have a polycarbonate bashi may fit at a later date

off to GlenStress tommorrow and innerleithen wednesday so should be a good test run

MussEd
    Free Member

DTD – you all done with training then? Where were you posted? Get the borders or have the powers that be decided it’s trip up the A68/A7 for two years? BTW first meeting of L&BFRS MTB Section takes place on Monday 2nd March, get involved!

MussEd
    Free Member

Ps liking the Pitch btw, became quite the object of desire on here of late too.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

CHEERS dismissed from HQ on friday then weekend on the lash!
    ive been a good boy for far too long !

Im W/W @ Hawick so realy happy
    i have been up and down the A68 and A7 the last 3 weeks and its been no fun at all so delighted to be local and in same group as my retained station so could not be better thanks for asking.
    i may make the meeting but i have to take my mum for a hospital appointment so depends if it goes AHEAD on time.
    iirc its at marionville ?? what time ? thanks TAM

MussEd
    Free Member

Aye it’s at the Ville at 1900. I’m assuming you’ve filled the joining form in? If not you’ll have been sent an mail {although maybe not if you’ve yet joined your watch!? Mmm – Can forward you a form if you want one}

The meeting is more of a formality required by the rules of the 500 Club in order to allow us to apply for funding. But it’s also an opportunity to hear what members are expecting from the club, in terms of trips, facilities etc. Don’t sweat if you can’t make it{massive commitment to trek up from your neck of the woods on a Monday night!} and we’ll also b loooking at arranging the first official club rides. But seeing as th three founding members ar on the White Watch the dates are likely to suit you too! {in the interest of fairness we will be trying to elect other committee members from the other watches so rides can accomodate all}

On the prospect of joining your Watch, although I’ve been on White Watch for 8 years, never really had much dealings with Hawick, so can’t really tell you who to look out for. I’m sure they’ll be sound though! Look out for Greg Mcleod on the B/W down there, he was my bitch for three years till they fianlly granted his repeated transfer requests. Came to Glentress with us once, with Rugby scrum cap/shinpads/gumshield et al. Total bammer!

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Muss ED ygm THANKS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘its good to be back in the saddle (;-)’ is closed to new replies.