Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Its going to be "one of those days"
  • organic355
    Free Member

terrible nights sleep, Wife tossing and turning as she cant get comfy as 6 months pregnant, in and out of bed/toilet all night, finally get to sleep about 4 only to be woken by cats fighting outside (one of which is mine) So I run downstairs and outside to find my cat hiding under the car, fearing he was injured (like last time), spend half an hour out side in my boxers trying to coax him out with some cat treats, he eventually comes in and shoots upstairs and steals my spot in the bed.

I squeeze in, perched on the edge and cant sleep. My other cat who is sleeping on wifes side now decide she thinks its a good time to puke, so she gets up and pukes on the bedroom floor. I get up and clean up the catfood/grass cocktail. try to get back to sleep and cant. Finally decide to get up at 5:30 ish to find the water coming out of the taps is really low pressure. Manage to boil the kettle and make a cuppa and go upstairs for shower where its just a trickle. Check Scottish water website and yes reports of loss of service in my area and discoloured water, great, now i feel a bit ill from my cup of tea. Decide to have a quick wash under the armpits and crevices in the shower, lather up, to find the water completely stops. Now sat in work with squeaky armits and a fuzzy mouth (couldnt brush teeth). Wouldnt be so bad if I hadnt worked out last night (and not showered) and also had garlic bread for tea so I stink.

This day has to get better, now wheres my coffee pot, usually 3 scoops, I think I will have 6.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t get any worse mate!

(I’ll email you something to ease your woes)

weeksy

Your cats sleep in the bed with you ?

Couldn’t you take a toothbrush and toothpaste to work ?

along with some deoderant and a bit of soap ?

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

nickjb
    Free Member

Don’t worry. Only 3 more months until the baby comes, then you can go back to getting a good nights sleep 🙂

jam-bo

Only 3 more months until the baby comes, then you can go back to getting a good nights sleep

you’ll look back on days like this with fond memories.

Markie
    Free Member

Don’t worry. Only 3 more months until the baby comes, then you can go back to getting a good nights sleep

😀

organic355
    Free Member

Your cats sleep in the bed with you ?

cats sleep anywhere they damn well please :D, they are cats, but they sleep on the bed sometimes, not in it. Soon to be stopped when junior arrives, I am sure they will run a mile from a wailing baby!

Think i have a toothbrush in work from last dentist visit, but need coffee 1st, was too asleep to think about deodorant this morning and slapped on some aftershave. hopefully the water will be restored when i get home so i can shower before karate training tonight!

Pook

Ha! I’m 7 months in. The last full night sleep I had was on a stag do in Barcelona.

bowie278
    Free Member

Sorry Organic… your post actually made me laugh. Things happen mate… good days and bad days. You should be happy you’ve got a child on your way. Laugh it all off and appreciate it’s just going to be one of those days.

Sui
    Free Member

you say laugh now, but then watch as the next 3 years of your life turn in to endless sleepless nights. Then the one night you get time with your missus, you’re too eager and another sprog is on its way, then repeat step 1…..

jamiea
    Free Member

I think our daughter is broken 🙁 She’ll have 12 hrs restful sleep each night. Ok, so the wife was up feeding for the first few weeks but since then no sleepless nights at all! Apart from Monday night coughing with a cold-cum-teething at 2am…

Cheers,
    Jamie

wrecker
    Free Member

Wife tossing and turning as she cant get comfy as 6 months pregnant

I feel your pain dude.

kayak23

At least it’s not raining…

molgrips
    Free Member

I think our daughter is broken She’ll have 12 hrs restful sleep each night.

How old? That often happens with little babies, then it can get considerably worse again 🙂

Kick the cats out of bed, or sleep on the sofa; also you can easily clean your teeth without water.

toby1

Honestly – just get used it (from what I hear, it won’t get any better for a very, very ling time!)

jamiea
    Free Member

Aye Molly, the wife recently dropped the bombshell of the ’18 month sleep regression’ 😯

Two months left of said sleepfull nights!

Cheers,
    Jamie

senorj

I think our daughter is broken She’ll have 12 hrs restful sleep each night.

I am normally a friendly & peace loving person ,however,
    Jamie I hate you and your broken, sleep loving daughter.*

*not really, I haven’t had more than 6 hours in 14 months. 😯

btw OP – no shower and bed after a work out , disgusting. 🙂 😥

kimbers

emjoy it

once the child comes along and has their first all night strop-out youll fantasize about nights like that

Sui
    Free Member

what senor said!! 😉

aqlthough our friends daughter is just like yours, she’s also a right smart arse at the age of 3, debating on the type of punishment for being naughty…. mine – well we just get a “NO, dont care”…

Said friend has finally got number 2 on the way, and we are secretly hoping it’s like the devil re-incarnated like our 2, just so she knows what it’s really like and that not all kids are easy..

molgrips
    Free Member

How’re you getting on organic355?

fasthaggis

He was told asked to go home early as he was minging 🙂

footflaps

cats sleep anywhere they damn well please :D, they are cats, but they sleep on the bed sometimes, not in it

Ours are shut downstairs at night as they like walking all over us when we’re asleep, which isn’t conducive to a good night’s sleep.

jekkyl

After all that I wouldn’t have hesitated to ring in sick with food poisioning or something. Go back to bed then get up around midday after the wifes gone to work then go for a big long ride on one of them 2 wheeled thingies round some countryside and back in time to make a delicious evening meal for your suffering wife.

hooli

As a parent of 2 young kids and a job that often calls me out at night, if you couldn’t get to sleep then you were not tired enough 😆

I have been known to sleep anywhere after a bad week. I actually fell asleep in front of my laptop while on a conf call one night/early morning…

fizzicist
    Free Member

I fell asleep in a Bitching moaning and whining session]Meeting today 😳

Admittedly I’ve had 9 hours sleep in 3 days and got the brunt of someone’s domestic issues last night. Meeting was so bad I just shut my eyes 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

You lot need to think long and hard about all this ‘ooo I’ve got a baby coming and it’s going to be so bad, blah blah blah’ stuff.
    One baby at a time is simple – stop whinging. If you want sleep depravation help someone with twins or triplets out for a weekend and then multiply that by 50.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Its going to be "one of those days"’ is closed to new replies.