Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • It's Friday…so what are everyone's plans for the weekend?
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

I will be making spaghetti for the other half tonight.

Saturday – up early with little one to watch qualifying — let mum have a lie in. then off to tesco’s, then we have a father son afternoon (will have to go and buy a stair gate for suckling junior because he is getting round a bit) to do something whilst mum has a make up trial for our wedding.

then i think it is a relaxing evening in front of the tele…might get a film–which one? open to suggestions….

Sunday – up early again because little one doesn’t do lie ins, but will mean watching F1 race….then pootle around, and I will sack off going to the in laws for sunday lunch in favour of going out on my MTB, then sunday night will come round…

Anybody got any more of a rock and roll plan than i do

willard

Off clay pigeon shooting tomorrow morning, then a relaxing day gardening, possibly followed by a ride in the local woods. Sunday will see me getting a massage for the aches and pains I got last weekend, followed by a chat with the personal trainer at the gym. I’ll then get a roast on the go and sit back and relax with a glass of something full-bodied and red.

donsimon
    Free Member

Riding and mooching tomorrow.
    Was supposed to be working on Sunday but I guess I’m going to go riding now.

freddyg
    Free Member

Woohoo!! The first weekend in months where we haven’t got anything planned.

RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    saturday-ride
    sunday-ride

simple but effective

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sitting in one of these;

Trying to trick my body in to thinking it’s UK time again!

slugwash
    Free Member

Friday evening: Beer festival in Newton Abbot followed by a moonlit (clear sky dependant) semi off-road night ride home

Saturday: Depends on how the beer festival went. Might take the kids camping up on Dartmoor

Sunday: Meaningless chores around the house

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

This weekend I’m mostly going to be packing boxes and deconstructing flat-pack in preparation for move to Dartmoor next week.

Would love to get out for a final local spin on the bike, but can’t see it happening… the only thing that’s keeping me going is that my new commute is going to involve singletrack rather than SE trains.

warton
    Free Member

tonight – Barn Asia in Newcastle for sisters Birthday. great!
    Saturday – Edinburgh for 2 year anniversary. Tigerlily and Miros Cantina. Son at the in laws
    sunday – stopping of at mums in country for sunday lunch.

no Biking, and lots of eating!

toby1

Friday afternoon/evening: into London village to see Rival Schools (I’ve been wating for this for a long time!)
    Friday night, few beers before crashing for the night at the Hilton Metropole (friends and family rate of course)
    Saturday: the wife wants to head to banana repulic which as clothes shops go is about the best really, might visit a few London based shops after that myself. Then head home, possibly via the Mexican in Covent Garden.
    Saturday night: gig on locally by a covers band, may go, may rest.
    Sunday up early to watch the GP, then might service the roadie and take it for a spin.
    Fingers crossed for decent weather!

kimbers

sitting around wallowing on self pity about my bust foot
    probably a bit of ps3
    maybe replace bearings on my hub but no rush NINE TEDIOUS WEEKS. before I can ride again

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Then head home, possibly via the Mexican in Covent Garden.

Which one?

La Perla is better than Pacifico, IMO.

knottie8
    Free Member

saturday watching somerset stage rally on the porlock toll road.

Sunday ride ride ride(SS) !

chewkw
    Free Member

Fighting these blood suckers …

Bloody cat …

Travis

sat – hockey
    sun – bbq

davesmate
    Free Member

Tonight – ride up to croft trail and get 3 laps in with MB Swindon followed by a pint or 4 followed by ride home.
    Saturday – gentle cycle path ride with the kids and a picnic, takeaway and telly with the mts in the evening.
    Sunday – good old blast around Wyre Forest with the MB Swindon lot again.
    Happy days!

lunge

Friday – Cooking some food for a few friends, maybe a bottle or 2 of wine
    Saturday day – Clent I think, not been on the bike for a while and I fancy it this weekend
    Saturday night – May fire up the BBQ, may not, either way, it will involve beer and food
    Sunday – Football in the morning, shopping/chores in the afternoon.

emma82
    Free Member

Clean the house. Pack for holiday. Drink. Sleep. Sorted.

steveh

Sitting around with my broken collar bone wishing i could be riding bikes covers it i think.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Climbing in the Lake District. The old climbing boots have played second fiddle to bikes in recent years. Looking forward to redressing the balance.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Marin (and Whyte) demo day on the Quantocks (Sunday)

damo2576
    Free Member

Riding some fast dry trails tomorrow am! Then curry for lunch!

trickydisco
    Free Member

presumably on a HT damo? 😉

Basil

Catch the 5.24am to Southport, then ride back to Grimsby.
    Yipee

Drac

Beers with some friends tonight, riding with same friends tomorrow, beer with friends tomorrow night, ride with same or other friends Sunday and probably some beer too.

Speaking of which best get washed and ready once I’ve been fed off for some beer.

thejesmonddingo

Nice bottle of red and early night tonight,DIY day tomorrow,lay laminate floor in bathroom,fix tiles in kitchen,and fit new cooker hood.Sunday,lad’s social ride and then Fernandes’ Brewery Tap for a good session.
    Ian

baldSpot
    Free Member

tonight – looking after the kids as Wife is out with work friends.
    tomorrow – gardening in the AM, then a 30km offroad ride to the inlaws for food and beers.
    sunday – IKEA and then meeting a mate for a road ride.

life is good

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Fighting these blood suckers …

Bloody cat …

😕 You said it was someone’s dogs which you had looked after :

“Yes, legs and arms (few spots so far) most of the time……… The only thing I can think of is looking after pet dogs of my colleague “

Do you know the difference ? ……..they’re not the same thing you know.

emsz
    Free Member

Tonight, round here with GF maybe DVD dunno.

Tomorrow, out with mates in town, there’s half a plan for a pizza

Sunday, maybe a ride, probably won’t. 😆 maybe walk.

some running.

Wookster

Curry tonight! Sons 2nd. Birthday party tomorrow Sunday CX ride I hope!

Lifer
    Free Member

Tonight – finish of some mixing on new recordings
    Sat – riding, might check out the new trails at Tilgate
    Sun – football, pub

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

You said it was someone’s dogs which you had looked after :

“Yes, legs and arms (few spots so far) most of the time……… The only thing I can think of is looking after pet dogs of my colleague “

Do you know the difference ? ……..they’re not the same thing you know.

Yes, I did look after the dogs but my friend did not get any flea bites so that rules the dogs out.

Thinking about it there was this nice tom cat wondering around in the street that was friendly to me and let me touch it on many occasions, only to be told two days ago that it was stray cat. Then I recall once there was a “black dot” that was on my shirt and when I tried to rub it off the black dot simply jumped off. I knew that was a flea but did not realise how many I brought home. So the cat is guilty …

The moral of the story … be nice to animals but their fleas might think otherwise and see you as a big happy meal.

😡

john_drummer
    Free Member

it’s the weekend; why make plans? just do what comes along naturally

cinnamon_girl

Tomorrow riding with Aleigh off this Parish – heading to Swinley Forest to cause mayhem on The Stickler extension. Guys – cover your ears and move outta our way please. 😀

Sunday – solo ride checking on progess in bluebell woods somewhere.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tomorrow – Sportive in the New Forest. More thighs slapping off my belly for 83 miles. 🙄

avdave2

Sitting in one of these

+1

Where are you flying from CFH.

hopster
    Free Member

Looking after the kids in Sat then my first ride on Exmoor for a year. Just built a new bike as well so doubly excited.

higthepig
    Free Member

Tomorrow:
    GP Qualifying, gardening, bike ride with eldest (first born), then curry.
    Sunday
    Watch GP, ride with eldest to watch Amstel Gold Cup, BBQ.
    Not bad as the sun is bound to shine

singletrackmind

OMG , I too am at Le Swinley tomoz on the first leg of my world tour of britain .

CG . I may / may not see you there. I will prolly be there around 10.30 – 13.30 .

Then Dales / peebles / Dumfries / Peak /Snowdonia/ Newport

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘It's Friday…so what are everyone's plans for the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.