Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • It's Friday and time for a helmet argument…
  • boblo
    Free Member

C’mon TJ, shoot her down. Pfffft, bloody 12 year olds getting above themselves 🙂

Last night a helmet saved my life…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maisie was run over by a car on her way to school in November 2016.
    Her pelvis was shattered in five places, and doctors say that her cycle helmet saved her life

and she was cycling on the pavement and crashed when she broke too hard and fell into the road whereby she was run over.

6 pages , two flounces

munrobiker
    Free Member

Christmas is cancelled.

mooman
    Free Member

Didn’t even realise people cycled out doors this time of year. I thought they were all on Zwift.

Ps.
    Is helmet wearing compulsory if you on Zwift?

Rubber_Buccaneer

she was cycling on the pavement

Had she been cycling in a primary position in the road this would never have happened. Just fanning the flames like 🙂

matt_outandabout

Did the car have winter tyres on?

submarined
    Free Member

6 posts in, and nobody has recommended a skills course or a gravel bike, or some form of Exposure light to increase visibility?
    Weak.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

submarined – Member
    6 posts in, and nobody has recommended a skills course or a gravel bike, or some form of Exposure light to increase visibility?
    Weak.

We all know your common or garden child is more skilled than the average forumite. – no need for a course.
    No one uses their gravel bikes much, so how would it help?
    There’s no point recommending am exposure light unless she has explicitly stated a budget of £1.50

wordnumb
    Free Member

Things that should be mandatory should be mandatory – and I know, because I’ve lived in the world.

scaredypants

seems odd that her helmet protected her from a car sitting on top of her head – I think you could (if you were on stw 😉 ) argue that it might have increased the effective diameter of her head and increased pressure on her face – which, we should remember, was a child’s face

ANyway, a longer, lower and slacker bike would’ve prevented the OTB. Maybe one of those Pole things ?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

ANyway, a longer, lower and slacker bike would’ve prevented the OTB. Maybe one of those Pole things ?

A juniomatron?

cookeaa

a child’s face

I’m sure a baby robin was involved too…

However;

…doctors say…

So /Thread… Right?

jonba
    Free Member

The whole sorry affair could have been avoided if she’d been wearing high vis.

T1000
    Free Member

Doubt there would have been an interview if the car had been a STW staple Audi, Octavia, T5 or EV

fasthaggis

It all could have been avoided if her school had had a snow day.

fasthaggis

I’m sure a baby robin was involved too…

It was when she looked up at the tree.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If the car had been a 4×4 it would have had sufficient ground clearance not to crush her.

Rorschach
    Free Member

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

If the car had been a 4×4

…It would have been parked on the pavement anyway blocking any chance of riding into the road.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If only the car had had winter tyres on they are awesome and would have saved her life

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

What tyres for running over a child?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘It's Friday and time for a helmet argument…’ is closed to new replies.