Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • IT'S FRIDAY!!!
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

any good plans for the weekend?

any amusing stories, jokes, pictures, videos, facts, websites to share?

Jamie
    Free Member

any good plans for the weekend?

I may make a sandwich.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Been on antibiotics all week. No beer!!!

Going to see a band tonight, enjoy a nice glass of beer, then have another one.

Simple pleasures.

Happy weekend everyone! 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

Going to watch the might PNE this evening and then picking up the girlfriend from the train station, she has been away on work all week.

Then im heading off to the Peaks tomorrow for a weekend of biking with the lads 😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Wedding tonight but got got to be sober.!!! That’s going to be a laugh a minute.
    Working at RAF Briez Norton Saturday day.
    Fancy dress Saturday night where I can drink and will be getting hammered.

emsz
    Free Member

GF is coming down, and to be honest I can’t **** wait any longer. 8)

flip
    Free Member

I’m off to that London, going to Ronnie Scotts tonight to see Incognito.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Working this weekend but maybe fit in a late afternoon/early evening local blast ..embrace the mud

Stoner
    Free Member

Making 5 gallons of Perry today and possibly 5 of cider if I have the time.

Mrs S has just gone for an interview… come on my retirement! 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to try getting on a bike for the first time since my superman impression that resulted in a busted left arm, after i’ve fitted a new stem and some new brake pads 😀

mrsconsequence is off to buuuurmingham for a week on sunday, which means she’ll miss the pub quiz with torminalis and his lady on monday. silly wimmin.

llama

short ride sat and sun
    rugby
    painting the cabinets I made the other week
    ride with mrs who is starting to train for her first tri having done no cycling before (!)

Drac

It was our 10th wedding Anniversary yesterday, Saturday will be our first chance to celebrate. Going to Newcastle for the day, lunch, shopping and then the pics before going for a Chinese meal.

donsimon
    Free Member

Basically I’ve been dicked around for most of the week by idiots, primary objective is to get some riding in.

crispo
    Free Member

Just thought Id share this video with you all…….its carnage and worth a little look!

http://vimeo.com/28726671

willard

Got a wedding tomorrow for an ex-colleague which should be a laugh, but I do need to decide whether I should drive in and not drink, or get a taxi in and back and make the most of the free bar. Also, the wife is on a new, longer course of antibiotics, so she may not be up for it.

I may also go for a long ride on Sunday, maybe try and find some nice rolling countryside to see.

Rubber_Buccaneer

don simon – Member
    Basically I’ve been dicked around for most of the week by idiots, primary objective is to get some riding in.

No one forces you to look at STW!

GrahamS

It was our 10th wedding Anniversary yesterday, Saturday will be our first chance to celebrate. Going to Newcastle for the day, lunch, shopping and then the pics before going for a Chinese meal.

You know how to show a girl a good time Drac 😀

Can I recommend Doxford Hall? Quite near you I believe. We stayed there last weekend for our 5th wedding anniversary. Spa, massages, champagne on ice in the bedroom, cracking meal. Lovely.

portlyone

Parents left for their home in Spain, I’m free to catch up with my life!

*settles down to watch tv*

ski
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

Making 5 gallons of Perry today and possibly 5 of cider if I have the time.

Mrs S has just gone for an interview… come on my retirement!

Stoner can I ask how you crushing your pears? I have tried our hand made cider press but not having much luck?

Read online that you can freeze pears first which helps crushing them latter?

Back on topic, this made me laugh this morning, if you have not seen it, First ‘chatbot’ conversation ends in argument:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14843549

donsimon
    Free Member

No one forces you to look at STW!

Rank amateurs my friend, I’ve been dealing with vocational and very high levels of dickheadery, levels that simply leave you dumbfounded.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Don….for the secdond time this week i’m forced to type

‘have you met binners?’

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

weekend with the kids will be mashing up the flatest trails I can find and trying to persuade them to learn to brake yet again – then we will eat cake and get scared by Dr Who.
    DS I replied but have probably only added to that quota 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

DS I replied but have probably only added to that quota

Not at all, quite the opposite in fact you’ve been most helpful and restored some of my faith. This is a public ‘thank you’. 😀

lunge

Steak and a lot of red wine tonight
    Rugby tomorrow morning
    Shopping tomorrow afternoon
    Beers in Brum with friends tomorrow night
    Football Sunday morning
    Cheeky ride Sunday afternoon/night before Miss Lunge returns for That London.

Not a bad weekend actually.

camo16
    Free Member

Been sold a kipper.

Saturday – thanks to the rellies, whose idea of fun differs, I think, from mine – the 16 household is off to a ‘family day’ held by a major pharma company.

The email describing the ‘open day’ has just arrived.

Seems like I’m taking Mrs 16 my six-year-old to a typical science desk area and lab, full of fascinating displays.

🙁

On the other hand, there is Titan the Robot.

🙂

And free cupcakes.

😆

slowrider
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUntx0pe_qI[/video]

woo 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Going to my favourite cafe for coffee tomorrow morning followed by a trip to the lbs to pick up outstanding bits for my new cx/touring bike. Then spending the afternoon climbing, which i’m really looking forward to as i’m climbing much harder routes now 8) Might be out tomorrow night too.

Sunday, watching the tour of britain start and then going mtb’ing. Yay!

stcolin
    Free Member

No bike for me this weekend, and missing the EPIC Blast ride in Co Wicklow this weekend, so I’m in a foul mood and not leaving the house.

Coyote
    Free Member

Tonight, quick run followed by a couple of beers whilst sorting the brakes on the Coyote.

Tomorrow, chores a plenty rounded off by fajhitas and margaritas!

Sunday, ride a.m. followed by watching daughter at swimming gala in afternoon. Evening will involve curry and beer.

Hmm… not too shabby.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m spending the weekend in the company of the fragrant MrsPJM1974 as the kids are at their father’s for a couple of days.

🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

In true middle age fashion I will be taking a trip to Buildbase tomorrow morning to collect the materials needed to build a shed roof.

Then off to LBS to collect a pair of these. 😀

Followed by a ride on Sunday and more roof building.

flyingmonkeycorps

I still have a stupid sore foot, so rather than risking knackering it up even more I’m having a weekend off biking. So, probably mostly Xbox and TV, sadly. I may pop to the LBS and ask them to true a wheel for me.

afrothunder88

That skier cross video is brutal!

Tomorrow I shall be skating 15 miles from Bath to Bristol in order to raise money from Macmillan Cancer Support, if you’re feeling generous please donate at http://www.justgiving.com/lushlongboards2011.

I’ll probably try and get a cheeky few hours at the FOD DH trails on Sunday as my local short runs have been destroyed due to logging.

Hoping for some half decent weather so I can finally have a play outdoors with my shiny new DSLR.

spacehopper

start of two weeks off… 😀

Wine and TV tonight..

Yoga, shopping and bluetones farewell tour in manchester on saturday.. 🙁

sunday, recovery..

monday, bike ride.. (dunno where yet!)

tuesday, HOLIDAY! Pacha flower power night in Ibiza

Wednesday, Madness @ Ibiza Rocks

and after that… who knows 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner can I ask how you crushing your pears? I have tried our hand made cider press but not having much luck?

Im rather lucky that my neighbour has all the kit. A mill, a press and even a pasteuriser for when we make juice.

I have 15 bottles of apple juice from last week – since pasteurised will keep for up to 18 months. Bottled 15 bottles of plum wine yesterday and have another 15 bottles of damson and elderberry to bottle this weekend.

Today we made 3 gallons of perry (very tricky to pull off, and Im not hopeful. So much to go wrong)

And 10 gallons of zider. nom. *hic*
    [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7Rw0ggFZKZY/Tmo4nULzOwI/AAAAAAAAAsI/98wH4RSF99o/s400/IMAG0393.JPG[/img]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

very tricky to pull off, and Im not hopeful. So much to go wrong

I helped someone make some cider and perry a while back…I was supposed to be laying his floor but helping him crush apples and pears was more fun 🙂

Indeed, perry is the hardest of ’em all to make. I hope you washed the bejeesus out of the pears before you mulched them. 😯

(I did spend some time working where they make Magners…)

Stoner
    Free Member

nah – just nuked them with campden tablets instead. its the only way to be sure 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I did spend some time working where they make Magners…

well you wouldnt have learnt much about making cider there 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Oh, and Mrs S got the job, so I shall be retiring next week 🙂

What a top FRIDAYY!!!!!!!! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘IT'S FRIDAY!!!’ is closed to new replies.