Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • It's finished! (Gratuitous bike pic thread!)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Departures from the original spec

Lyrics (MiCo)
    Hope hubs, DT DB spokes Mavic 521 rims
    XT 1×10 mech + shifter
    SRAM 1051 cassette and chain
    Straitline grips
    E13 chainring (green, but you cant see it)
    Mowa green chainring bolts
    Straitline 32t guide with specialized green backplate.
    XT-m770 cranks and XTR BB
    New XT disk brakes with ice tech rorors, 205/180
    Maxxis high roller rear
    Specialized eskar front, both tubeless
    Reverb with right hand remote run left handed under the bar
    brand-x bolt up clamp
    SDG bel-ar mk1, covered in tape
    Race Face Atlas AM stem 70mm
    Nukeproof warhead bars 760mm flat
    Sunline grips
    Shock has the XV kit and medium spacer

OEM bits
    headset (needs replacing but CBA)
    front tyre (but its now tubeless, and hasn’t actually been used much as i was using a supertacky HR)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That yard is a friggin mess!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This will not end well.

fadda

Pointing, man!

MarkyG82

Flipped stem and flat bar with lyrics and dropper post?

Also a bike is never finished 😉

Edit: can I have my stand back? *goes to garage to make sure its still in there*

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Flipped stem and flat bar with lyrics and dropper post?

Indeed, and the stem sits directly on the headset race as I’ve binned the top cap!

Also a bike is never finished

Also ture, headset needs doing, then it’s pimping time with green ano bits, starting with that seat clamp. But it’s finally functionally how i want it if not aesthetically (bit like the sheds).

Muke
    Free Member

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus fix your cables before you lasoo passing wildlife.

….and take the noob sticker of your front rotor.

godzilla
    Free Member

Weedol wont kill Triffids.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Saddle ruins it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

weet Jesus fix your cables before you lasoo passing wildlife.

mmmm dinner (comment filled under CBA along with headset)

….and take the noob sticker of your front rotor.

You’ve got better eyesight than me!

Saddle ruins it.

Yup, but I’ve not found anything as comfy, I’ve tried the mk2 but it’s just not the same 🙁

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Just spray your old dot 5.1 on those weeds

shifter
    Free Member

Horseshoe fail!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s finished! (Gratuitous bike pic thread!)

Ermmm, no its not, your tyre logo / valve alignment isn’t near good enough and looks sloppy. Either miss the valves totally (saying you don’t care about logo / valve alignment ) or get the logos spot on, not nearly spot on.

🙄

reggiegasket
    Free Member

your Straitline ‘guard is quite far round, clockwise.

Northwind

Excellent yard- full of character. Pitch marked down for not being poo brown, sorry about that, I don’t make the rules.

FWIW if you try and ride that anything like as hard as it could be ridden, in anything other than ideal conditions, I’d be considering not having an Eskar on the front. YMMV o’course

RealMan
    Free Member

Indeed, and the stem sits directly on the headset race as I’ve binned the top cap!

Epic. Although its bearing cover (I think), the top cap is the bit that sits on top of the stem.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Excellent yard- full of character.

A bit like our local tip in that respect.

Do you live in Leeds thisisnotaspoon?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I love the Pitch, it looks fantastic. The yard less so. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

your Straitline ‘guard is quite far round, clockwise.

It’s about as far clockwise as the instructions allow.
    It’s supposed to be, at full compression the lower guide is a very long way away fro the swingarm so it’s best to set them up as far clockwise as possible to keep it out of harms way. guides (should) always look a bit odd on AM bikes because they’re deigned for DH bikes where the chainstay obviously rotates further when sagged so the chain device looks more ‘right’. Agree though, if it was to be looked at rather than ridden I’d run the guide more anti clockwise.

FWIW if you try and ride that anything like as hard as it could be ridden, in anything other than ideal conditions, I’d be considering not having an Eskar on the front. YMMV o’course

I quite like the eskar’s, not sure if I prefer them to high rollers, but they do seem to work quite well so I’m going to use them. I’ve so many spare tyres (both real and biologicaly) that I’m not going to buy new ones untill I’ve made a dent in the pile so it’ll probably have some unusual choices on it over the next year (Fire XC’s, and tioga DH’s for example)!

For anyone interested 32.4lb inc pedals.

Do you live in Leeds thisisnotaspoon?

Wokingham, pic’s taken in my house on Teesside though (work pays for it as I’m up here during the week, hence I was more bothered about the riding from the doorstep than the state of the shed as it’s rented).

singlespeedstu

Much as i think your bikes a bit indifferent I have to stand up for your total lack of house/yard/garden attention.

You my friend are obviously too busy riding to give a **** about the uniportant things in life. 😀

kimbers

I hope you dont keep your bike in that garage; decaying plywood is no defence even with a padlock

proberts
    Free Member

Nice, What pedals you got on that….crampons??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I hope you dont keep your bike in that garage; decaying plywood is no defence even with a padlock

Probbaly, cheep bikes live in there, the pitch lives in the house. Besides you’d have to know where the garage was first (it’s not on the road).

Nice, What pedals you got on that….crampons??

Close, out of the same factory, DA Bomb Bare bones, they’re very similar to On-one thinnies except for 2 extra pins either side of the end of the axle. Ordered some from CRC, which never turned up, then when they did the QC was a bit lacking (a few of the pin holes were oversized so the pins didn’t tighten) so they went back, then end ed up buying them off a friend for half price as he didn’t like the shape (they’re kind of angled outwards like crampons rather than being flat) but as my knees are buggered anyway that actually seems to help me (bit like an extreme version of a BG insole).

Off to Llandegla tomorrow, to see how this build iteration fares, if you see a bloke in a black royal top and black white shorts and shoes, minceing around the black loop give me a shout!

doom_mountain

Nice, I’ve just built up a Pitch frame as well, mucho fun!

enfht
    Free Member

Gimp Cage could be more secure, it looks like they could just climb out of the top FFS.

🙄

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Its green!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘It's finished! (Gratuitous bike pic thread!)’ is closed to new replies.