Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • It's criminal…
  • matther01
    Free Member

Walking back to by car I have just seen not 1 but 5 policemen issuing fixed penalty notices to cars all within 50 yards of each other! Don’t Brum council employ traffic wardens anymore? What a bloody waste of tax payers money and police resource!

Kato

Are you sure it was parking tickets. Police don’t deal with “parking” offences anymore that up to the council

matther01
    Free Member

Tickets being put on cars in pay and display zone.

Conan257
    Free Member

Tickets to the Policepersons ball?

maccruiskeen

without looking at the tickets you won’t know what they’re for – the police, rather than a parking warden would know if cars are taxed, MOTd or insured for instance and be issuing penalties for that

nealglover
    Free Member

What a bloody waste of tax payers money

Where does the money from the tickets go ?

project
    Free Member

Could be mock parking tickets like i got on the bumps car park in Delamere a few years ago, advising that cars wheere being broken into locally.

It was bright yellow and had cheshire police on the front.

Alos anyone using the A55 at colwyn bay, 50 mph limit, and the police got 700 speeders in a few days last week.Should help fund the compensation bill for Hilsboro.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Maybe they are handing out propaganda to up their image either that or macdonalds vouchers.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Don’t Brum council employ traffic wardens anymore?

They’ve never employed Traffic Wardens. Traffic Wardens are part of the Police Force.

Just to summerise the OP – You’re saying it’s a waste of money and time for the Police to take enforcement action when they witness a law being broken?

Perhaps if we all paid more attention and consideration in not breaking the ‘petty’ laws then the Police would be free to deel with ‘proper crime’ as you would put it.

matther01
    Free Member

It was more the fact that 5 officers within 50 yards of each other were putting tickets on quite clearly road taxed vehicles that hadn’t paid their pay and display tickets (or they had expired) and some were on double yellow lines. Most were less than 3 years old so wouldn’t need an MOT.

Surely it would take 1 officer to do all of this, not 5 that also had to take transit to do it (which was parked up at the side).

I’m not saying the police shouldnt do their job, just be more sensible about.

What am I to think when I next hear the BBC state the police are up in arms about a lack of resource…when I just saw 5 putting tickets on cars in two adjoining streets within eyesight of each other when it would clearly take 1?!

To add to that, using Traffic Wardens I would assume would also be far cheaper no matter who pays them (as I am pretty sure the starting salary for a PC in training is about 19k or at least it was in 2007).

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

if there was nothing else going on, i’d rather they got paid for doing that than doing sweet F All.

andyl
    Free Member

quicker for 5 of them to do it that 1. Maybe they were killing time and sorting out some inconsiderate parking?

Kato

The Police do NOT enforce parking. I said it before and I’ll it again. Pay and display parking is the council responsibilty and failing to display is a civil matter that the Police are not interested in.

The only “parking” ticket a Police officer will issue is one for obstructing the highway and I’ve only ever seen one issued. Police fixed penalty notices have to be issued to the offender in person too

Junkyard
    Free Member

The Police do NOT enforce parking.

I suppose they leave it to the plebs 😉

bren2709

Kato – you are always gonna get muppets on here all to happy to take a swipe or dig at the Police.

Bet the first thing they do if their house get broken into is, dial 999 and ask for………you guessed it Police!

project
    Free Member

If a family member is ill and requires an ambulance fast, or your house is burning down, you would be really happy go see bus loads of police ticketing drivers who dont have the sence and decency to park correctly, and probably blocking streets off, because theyre to lazy to walk a few yards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘It's criminal…’ is closed to new replies.