Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • It’s cold, it’s windy and I haven’t been out on the bike today
  • Smee
    Free Member

talk me into going out for an hour.

druidh
    Free Member

I was out for a wee spin earlier (Pentlands) it was almost sub-tropical…

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

We didn’t fancy it either, was horrile weather but once we got into it we had a good time. Got that satisfied ‘I’ve been on a ride’ feeling now. Go on – get out there!

AlasdairMc

I went out in the Pentlands too today, and it was excellent. Really deep snow in places, horrible wind, but incredibly satisfying and comfortably warm.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Went out this morning for a quickie. Drummond Hill by Kenmore – my closest ride with good singletrack

crazy-legs

There was a massive thunder and hail storm here earlier. Left the roads under an inch of hail!
    Fortunately I was inside, I’d have hated to be out on the bike when that lot hit!

hora
    Free Member

Pizza Express for lunch, Camper shoes shop then gym/Sauna/Jacuzzi after. Its called fuelling up then cross-training 😛

Garry_Lager

Glentress was top drawer today – two totally different rides. Rough and wintry going up to the mast, but calm and sunny on the way down. Must be something to do with being in the lee of the hill coming in. Not too much snow on the ground, either, so no bother with making progress. Quick red route spin, back down the pie run would be spot on for an hour.

I see the Ewok village has gone – when did this happen? Not been to GT too much since the bairn came along. Anyone know why it was taken down? Maybe some bro threw down such a sick move that the whole thing just disintegrated.

ps44
    Free Member

Today was a day to leave the bike in the garage and get the windsurf gear out. Lovely.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

24mile Hilly time-trial for me today. Nearly got blown off a few times thanks to the evil crosswinds and disc rear wheel… And just made it back to the HQ in time before a sleet-shower kicked in.

Nasty.

Stu_N

Just back from an hour and 2 mins on CX bike. Rode out for 35 mins into what can only be described as sleet blizzard, and back in the sunshine. Took in 2 short bits of singletrack, enough to confirm trails are still in full winter condition, and got blown back at 20mph soft pedalling.

Tea and toast never tasted so good 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

The dismantling of Ewok Village was mentioned on here some time back. As I recall, it was being re-designed/rebuilt?

pennine
    Free Member

A bit breezy with the odd snow shower but generally not bad at all

Near Haworth, Worth Valley

Stu_N

Smee, if you’d gone riding instead of posting up about not riding you’d be home by now 🙂

Ewok village has been dismantled because it was built six years ago from untreated timber and has started to rot. FC have decided it’s unsafe so have pulled it down instead of leaving it to fall apart with risk of someone getting hurt. Sad, as I never did clean it (hahahaha who am I kidding never came close) but it’s not there to taunt me any more…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A couple of us went to Blairadam. Classic snow covered roots. A great day out only sligtly marred by a tyre sidewall failure and a walk back to the car. Good job the Blast race was last weekend.

Smee
    Free Member

Minch Moor was pretty damn windy.

Good to see that they’ve rebuilt that blown out berm at the top.

radoggair
    Free Member

Never reached going out at weekend at all. Yesterday was crap. today was just way too windy, though the heavy snow storms that were expected never happened. Got a week of commuting to look forward to, and defo out next weekend. Maybe kirro if its good

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘It’s cold, it’s windy and I haven’t been out on the bike today’ is closed to new replies.