Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • It's Christmas again… presents for our wives
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Following on from Kids presents;

Wives…

Buying for my Wife is always tricky as each year strikes another good idea from the list.. so let’s hear your creative ideas.

Cheers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This can only go well, I feel.

brakes
    Free Member

Christmas is 2 months away. Worry about this in just less than 2 months time.

Helios
    Free Member

Cement bonded asbestos? There’s even a thread that was just below this one on how to gift wrap it…

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha , ive still got her birthday to get out the way never mind the christmas.

could be fun given it looks like ill be stuck in the caspian sea for her birthday !

molgrips
    Free Member

A Loomybin scarf!

grum
    Free Member

Someone recommended this the other day.

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com

jekkyl

something personalised always goes a LONG way. Even if it’s something cheap it shows that you’ve thought about her and tried (& perhaps failed) last year I got egg cups for the all the family with our names on, the year previous to that I got her a leather bookmark with a little ditty on that I wrote and then previous to that some socks with her name & ‘mother of the year’ on – it’s getting harder & harder to come with stuff but all this junk I got off Ebay! Of course I get her other big stuff as well, my mrs is dead easy to buy coz she loves books.

bigG
    Free Member
    mattbee

We’re going halves on a turbotrainer and an awning for the van. Will probably get her some poncy chocolates as well. Love how easy my wife is to buy presents for.

StuF

new lens for her DSLR, combined birthday and christmas. camera kit is as bad as bike kit for eating money….

tinman66
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the other half a Spec Stumpjumper Evo, unfortunately its in a size Large and she doesn’t mountain bike so is useless to her but a perfect fit for me. 😀

Oh well, a pack of tea towels again for her I guess.

julianwilson
    Free Member

My rad wife is very pleased that I am buying her some new knee pads and supertacky Minions. 8)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

spending £50 max on each other and she had the idea of filling christmas stockings with the gifts.

its not about us , the 2 1/2 year old takes all the limelight.

johndoh
    Free Member

Annual pass to National Trust / RHS / English Heritage? And some online (Quidco) deals means you can get some great offers.

KonaTC

A few years back and in discussion with the children, dropped some cash on some spa treatments/products nicely wrapped, boxed, with a gift card. Smug as bug

Then Christmas Day, still feeling smug, Mrs TC opened the gift and said “this is not an i-pod”, I looked at her, she looked at me, I looked at the children at which point my eldest said its what you wanted. No its not, I wanted and i-pod!

Anyway long storey short I was stood outside a shop on Boxing Day

Since then, I’m going to buy your Christmas present next weekend, what do you want?

dugsud
    Free Member

Mine has asked for a dropper post. She spends all her time putting the saddle up and down when we are out so I’m pretty sure it will improve her riding and confidence.

At £200+ they are a bit of a luxury so ideal as something to be bought as a gift.

Sorted 🙂

piemonster

A high end Kin Knife or two, not certain which yet

Lovely knives, lovely lovely knives

molgrips
    Free Member

Lovely knives, lovely lovely knives

Worried…

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

A divorce would go do well at the moment.

piemonster

rkk01
    Free Member

Watches with interest…

… having been put in the dog house for missing her birthday pressie earlier this week 😳

weeksy

32Gb iPad. Bought last night for her.

grum
    Free Member

I guess maybe people are just a lot better off than me, but £500 for an xmas present seems like a lot. Or is it one of those presents that’s actually for you? 🙂

footflaps

Cement bonded asbestos?

Gave her that last year, can’t use the same thing twice in a row….

weeksy

grum – Member

I guess maybe people are just a lot better off than me, but £500 for an xmas present seems like a lot. Or is it one of those presents that’s actually for you?

It started out as a random convo a few days earlier… I then went to buy a Nexus7 but got the impression it was too small (screen size) so ended up picking up a bargain iPad instead. We’d actually agreed not to spend much on eachtoehr… but i’m a big softie in all honesty.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s Christmas again

La la la la I’m not listening…

IHN

There’s a chance that it might be a guinea pig…

Pz_Steve

Last year I bought Mrs Pz a race entry to a triathlon. Not that she’d ever shown any interest in one, but as she was just getting into running it seemed like a good idea. Certainly got an interesting reaction!

If nothing else it was a good excuse for a weeknd away, and we can both now say that we’ve ticked that one off the list!

grum
    Free Member

La la la la I’m not listening…

Joyless much?

Bunnyhop

Have a look here http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.co.uk/. I make all the stuff 🙂

Or 2, just think one would be very lonely. Tell the Mrs. I really enjoyed meeting her last week.

portlyone

Mmm reminds me of Xmas in Peru 😉

khani
    Free Member

Diamonds and Champaign, or a wind up torch and a tartan knee blanket from the BP garage on Xmas eve..
    Depends….

Gweilo
    Free Member

Piemonster tThese are awesome knives lovely knives

If I’ve made the url thing work….

piemonster

Gweilo, linky worked so cheers for that

It’s a question of weighting as much as anything, must get to the city and have a nosy.

JulianA
    Free Member

Last year was an iPad for each of the cats and an iRon for the wife – that’s when the trouble started…!

labsey
    Free Member

Xbox, she wants the Kinect.

Janesy
    Free Member

This year will be a cheese hamper. Yes you heard right. Mostly Stilton.

Our due date is 15th dec so she wants cheese for Xmas.

Janesy
    Free Member

Sorry – double post.

irelanst
    Free Member

Done and dusted here, she got new tennis rackets a few weeks ago and is having botox this weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘It's Christmas again… presents for our wives’ is closed to new replies.