• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Its balance bike time!… Strider PREbike
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Very excited as little dude is 2 in 2 weeks and his pressie is a balance bike

I went from looking at the cheap 30 quidder to the lovely 99 quid rothan but time and again the min seat height was 380mm; quite a bit too high for Dancake Jr… I stumbled apon this from ebay which has a seat height from 280mm (my boy has little legs 🙂 ) and cost 65 quid

Wondered if anyone had one (should have asked that first, but you know how it is…)

sniff
    Free Member

Decathlon do a cheap one that just about fits my 18 month old. Will do for now then sign up for the Lidl email and keep an eye out for the Likeabike wooden copy. Should be sometime soon I reckon

As a guide the Lidl wooden one is probably from about 3 so you could just keep it for Xmas?

sniff
    Free Member
    sniff
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

I got a Ridgeback Scoot for mine, as that's what the local shop had in, but it came with two seatposts so it can grow with them.

stevede
    Free Member

Specialized hotwalk? Thats what my daughter has, good little bike – even has specialized tyres!!!

teddy
    Free Member

i used a specialized hotrock 12 with the pedals off for all three of mine. worked a treat.
    mentioned this 'technique' to my LBS who are selling loads of balance bikes and they said "yeah, i suppose that will work aswell"

roadtrack
    Free Member

If anyone was considering getting a Strider balance bike and giving it a go, brother in law has just got one for our little nephew. They got a free bell and it came postage free with a cheapest price guarantee. I can’t vouch for them myself (don’t have any little ones to try one out !) but the little chap is already whizzing around on his at 23 months.

iain1775
    Free Member

Strider looks good but roadtracks link says it is suitable upto 5 yrs
    Apart from wanting mine on a proper bike before that age I would at least want a brake on it
    The islabikes (and ridgebacks I think) have a brake that cn be disconnected when they first start out do they not?
    Plus they seem to hold value reasonably well when you come to sell it on
    Cheapest I’ve seen the scoot £71
    http://www.bikes2udirect.com/B3313.html?mv_pc=gp1

fgreen79
    Free Member

I have recently purchased a strider bike from [ I also purchased a brake kit for the bike for when my son gets the hang of his bike, as it is not advised to use the brake until your child has mastered balancing. This bike is brilliant, it is nice and light and the seat is easy to adjust and goes low enough for my son who is petite.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Decathlon one is ace. Seat goes pretty low too.

GW
    Free Member

Thought about a Strider for my stumpy legged bike/scooter/ride-on obsessed youngest as it’s advertised as the lowest saddle height balance bike but didn’t like the fact it had solid tyres, is very plasticky and just looks a bit wrong. 😕
    ended up getting a Bike Star 10″ wheel balance bike (Google it) for a lot less from Amazon instead. Having 10″ wheels rather than 12″ they’re far smaller so better suited to younger kids. mine has ridden hers every day since she got it at 19mth (she only had a 10″ inside leg measurement, and fitted it without the seat fully slammed)

Bez

Ah. Mildly annoying to find out there actually is a really low one – my lad was 2 a few days ago and he got a Ridgeback Scoot, which seemed about as low as I could readily find on a decent bike but is still just a wee bit higher than ideal even with the tyres nearly flat (he’s got short legs too – must be his mum’s genes, she’s 16″ shorter than me!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Its balance bike time!… Strider PREbike’ is closed to new replies.