Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Its always the one you least expect …..
  • letmetalktomark

Back in the summer I built up an Inbred frame on a budget largely using up bits I already had to cart LMTTM Jnr around on.

Over the months bits were swapped/nabbed for other bikes/bought etc.

Unlike other builds I had no plan the bike just sort of evolved 😳

I recently been riding the bike without child carrier and am overwhelmed by how nicely it rides 😯

Granted its no trail beast and is more pootling prone but its so comfortable.

I had planned to split the bike once LMTTM Jnr grew out of his child seat but I just can’t bring myself to do it!

Anyone else experienced the same form a build they had no expectations of?

amedias
    Free Member

Yep, Charge Duster Skinny, bought a frame on a whim when they were selling them off cheap on eBay, threw some old 9sp parts at it and a cheap 2nd hand SID fork.

Rides like a dream for rolling XC style rides, and surprisingly nippy in techy twisty bits, set some of my fastest overall ride times on it and absolutely love it for ‘just riding’

<confession>
    I actually prefer it to my Soul unless it’s really rocky. 😳
    </confession>

weeksy

Mine is the Charge Cooker (seems to be a STW theme of bike type/style here)

It’s just really good at what I need for a chunk of the riding this winter 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mine’s a Ragley mmmBop. Cheap bargain discontinued frame sell off. Brought as a stop gap while I dithered over what I wanted. Built big and burley (~30lbs with 160 forks) and was rubbish. Reinvented as a lighter trail bike (sub 25 lbs with 130 forks) and it’s been brilliant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Its always the one you least expect …..’ is closed to new replies.