Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • It's all the fault of the disabled…
  • footflaps

Have we done this one yet?

Another Tory charm offensive under way….

As well as being work shy benefit scroungers they are also the reason the UK productivity is so low….

Appearing in front of the Treasury Select Committee, the Chancellor said: “It is almost certainly the case that by increasing participation in the workforce, including far higher levels of participation by marginal groups and very high levels of engagement in the workforce, for example of disabled people – something we should be extremely proud of – may have had an impact on overall productivity measurements.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hammond-disabled-people-productivity-finding-jobs-employment-effect-comments-a8095851.html

martinhutch

Hammond should probably just publish the detailed evidence which led him to this conclusion. I’m sure, just like the sector impact assessments for Brexit, all this information is right at his fingertips, and he isn’t just wriggling and winging it in one of the chief offices of state.

🙂

footflaps

They have become their own caricatures, you’d struggle to do Spitting Image these days as fiction has become reality…

RustySpanner

How about this one?

Tories hold party at mining museum.

I’ll be there if they do.
    Any one else?

wwaswas

Hammond should probably just publish the detailed evidence which led him to this conclusion.

this.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I did write to my MP in the aftermath of the Election, I explained that I found his party’s policies and attitudes towards the disadvantaged “offensive”.

He was probably too busy playing a bebop solo on the pink trumpet over pictures of poor people on his laptop to notice.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

I suspect what he says is mathematically correct. I suspect many disabilities do reduce productivity in some small way at least.

I also suspect the impact is rather small and really nothing at all to do with the productivity gap. Strictly true, practically useless probably sums up his observation.

Should we put the whole damn House up for disability because virtually all of them seem to be mentally deficient?

Northwind

It almost certainly does impact productivity- by a teeny tiny amount not worth mentioning.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Obviously he hasn’t discovered this forum yet which is the true reason productivity is low

slowoldman

Much as I hate to defend this shower of shit, as grumpysculler says

I suspect what he says is mathematically correct. I suspect many disabilities do reduce productivity in some small way at least.

and the Chancellor said

very high levels of engagement in the workforce, for example of disabled people – something we should be extremely proud of

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

It’s not about whether it has any effect, large or small but the attitude behind his comments and the ease with which he was able to grab an easy scapegoat for the car crash this country is fast becoming

footflaps

something we should be extremely proud of

as it gives him an easy scapegoat for any economic problems…

It almost certainly does impact productivity- by a teeny tiny amount not worth mentioning.

Could just as easily increase productivity e.g. using physically disabled people in the knowledge based economy would increase the pool of talent available. I can imagine that sending cripples down mines might not help things, but then we don’t do much mining any more….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The productivity of disabled people will probably go down now, as they stop work, to rant about what an utter bunch of **** our government are.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘It's all the fault of the disabled…’ is closed to new replies.