Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • It's all just a daft charade anyway isn't it!?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I mean really…

Imagine for a second that you had no interest in politics – you never clicked a link on a news site, you didn’t open a thread or watch it on TV.. You changed channel if it came on the radio..

In real terms.. I mean actual tangible events that caused you to sit up and take notice, what actual difference does any of it make beyond having a bogeyman to moan about..?

Your mortgage might go up or down a couple of points, or your gas bill might increase, a department may close or another may open… but that stuff happens with tedious regularity anyway..
    We roll with the punches and carry on regardless

All of this flapping and posturing and intellectual debate has no more significance than following a sports team or playing Dungeons and Dragons.. there’s some great minds on here and the vast majority have been duped into filling their heads with this puerile nonsense.. Which I suppose is exactly what the toffs that run the show want

It’s a crying bloody shame

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAafW1cT6y4[/video]

scotroutes

Assuming you are healthy, employed, of sound mind and have some money behind you that you don’t mind handing over to some billionaires in return for basic conveniences of life, then yes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    I am going to take out a contract* on the next person that posts an election thread.

*A poorly funded contract that would probably be a well-mannered confrontation and a bit of a pillow fight.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

bearnecessities

I’m sorry, but you now have a pillow-fighting contract on you.

EDIT: Spooky, what ^ said 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

I do not take an interest in gene therapy. It will have little effect on my day to day life. It does not mean it does not matter.

DezB
    Free Member

What’s this, thread no. 18? Unless I’ve missed a few.

yunki
    Free Member

this is the sensible one 8)

yunki
    Free Member

Assuming you are healthy, employed, of sound mind and have some money behind you that you don’t mind handing over to some billionaires in return for basic conveniences of life

I suppose between my extended family we could scrape together a couple of those attributes (barely)…

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cool song btw. Loved that album.

yunki
    Free Member

been humming that album all day 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m with Yunki on this one. Tomorrow will always arrive 😀

As for politics, news, finance et al, it’s all an illusion, a fabricated reality created by those who seek to wield power and influence and maintain their illusory existence.

I go so far as to suggest that it is their own fears of survival that drive their need for gaining a more secure foothold in the lifestyle and status they feel are most safe with. A thousand years ago it was the clergy and the wrath of God that kept the populous in check and gratitude for the existence of the clergy. Nowadays, it’s the administration’s and the war on terror. Not much has changed really, just different symbols.

So, live your life, be happy, be thankful, be grateful and be loving 😀

The will to extend oneself for the benefit of one’s own, or another’s personal growth and development. As Scott Peck so eloquently defined love. 8)

Peace out people!

cinnamon_girl

Alistair Campbell thinks so, judging by his obscene amount of chutzpah/call it what you like on display on QT this evening. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a fabricated reality created by those who seek to wield power and influence and maintain their illusory existence.

or lizards.

Yeah, probably lizards.

😀

piemonster

Pedo lizards, don’t forget the mind control

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very true.

Oh, and….

RustySpanner

The illusion of democracy is the only thing to stop me trying to eating the rich and they from hunting me down on horseback.

It’s a small price to pay.

And have you actually tried Anarchy?
    It’s the same arguments about who’s turn it is to wash up but with appalling personal hygiene.

piemonster

Mob rule at its finest

piemonster

I assume it’s exactly like an episode of the young ones.

But in Spanish with dodgy uniforms and particularly untrustworthy priests

tinribz
    Free Member

All of this flapping and posturing and intellectual debate has no more significance than following a sports team or playing Dungeons and Dragons.. there’s some great minds on here and the vast majority have been duped into filling their heads with this puerile nonsense.

Incorrect, you are a victim of Social Constructionism, all of your opinions are the product of your class and limited by only personal interactions. Like most of the middle classes experience selection bias has led to a fundamental belief you are living in an egalitarian society. You Sir need to check your privilege.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘It's all just a daft charade anyway isn't it!?’ is closed to new replies.