Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • It's all coming together far too easily…
  • cookeaa

Rebuilding the bike I got for my eldest that is…

I had written off getting it done by Christmas, but I just had a good night in the garage and the jobs I thought would cause the biggest headaches just flew by. Rebuilt and trued the rear wheel far too easily, brakes dialed, bars neatly trimmed… I don’t trust it.

Still got gears to sort, and I might need to apply some strategic stickers to cover the worst of the wear and tear on the frame, but no bike build has ever gone this smoothly for me before… Ever.

I am half tempted to get started on her next bike now, while my luck is holding…

That is all. 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Sometimes it just clicks; I’ve had it before. If you find yourself flagging; give up till tomorrow though…

My last (and most expensive) bike build was probably one of the worst I’ve ever done. Must’ve been pissed when I set the gears up; only just got round to sorting them out the other night, after over a month of cycling on it. Found the limit screws to be WAAAY off; no wonder they weren’t shifting properly.

Northwind

Frame’s cracked

takisawa2

They’ve gone off cycling & now prefer golf ?

cookeaa

Don’t worry there’s still time for me to bollox it up. At the moment she’s going to be getting a road cassette, bigger cassette might get here in time, but I think I have everything necessary to present her with a rideable bike on Friday… Touch wood.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

if you stop touching wood you’ll probably get it done quicker…
    IGMC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘It's all coming together far too easily…’ is closed to new replies.