Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • It's a scooter, no hold on, it's a bike…..Wait a minute….it's…erm…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Houns

You’d **** your legs off the pedals when trying to scoot it

slowoldman

Looks like something for ladies in crinolines.

willard

That’s even got a bit of fat in it, so it’s niche enough that someone on here should have one.

That steerer needs a trim though.

tomhoward

To echo the comments on bike rumour, which bottoms first, the fork or the frame? Kerbs could be exciting…

Also, when would you scoot to power yourself along, instead of pedalling?

SaxonRider

Wouldn’t the suspension in the front cause the base to bottom out when compressed? Or is it just meant to look like a suspension fork? (I’m on an eensy weensy iPhone screen.)

EDIT: D’oh! Didn’t read every post before responding. My point already been made. 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. It’s rigid.

tomhoward

Makes (a bit of) sense I suppose.

Ahhm still oot

aracer
    Free Member

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Sure. A scooter which weighs 35lbs and has sticky out bits, a bike which will ground riding off a kerb and flex all over the place.

brooess
    Free Member

Don’t understand why it needs to be a scooter AND a bike – just a bike would do, surely?
    Brompton have already got that market sewn up I think.
    It weighs more than my 2005 Orange Five!

RustySpanner

Better looking though. 🙂
    Sorry.

I didn’t know Jeff Jones had started drinking again.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Theres a horrid cable coming out from the rear of the “scoot” plate at the heading in the rear wheel direction..
    Looks odd and a bit..pantz.

Enduro Green though 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

An answer to a question no one is ever likely to ask.

cookeaa

which bottoms first, the fork or the frame?

The frame, seeing as the fork is quite clearly rigid made up to look like a bouncer… It’s a scooter fabricated using the imagination of a seven year old…

This is the trouble with kickstarter, it encourages every dreamer with a half baked scheme to “give it a go” and start trying to bullshit the interwebz into a frenzy over their nonsensical ideas… I liked the good old days when stupidity and lying got you ridiculed and ostracised.

Goldigger
    Free Member

That’s gotta be for adults that haven’t learnt to peddle yet?

cbike
    Free Member

Could be perfect for someone with limited mobility.

Harry_the_Spider

…or a desperately cool person that used to have a beard and a full sleeve of tattoos.

bearnecessities

Coming to a renton thread near you soon..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Goldigger – Member

That’s gotta be for adults that haven’t learnt to peddle yet?
    Or spell?

aracer
    Free Member

You are the inventor and I claim my £5. That’s the sort of BS people always seem to come up with for badly designed rubbish like this without actually properly thinking it through. If the person of limited mobility can’t ride a bike, then they’d be better off with a normal scooter (assuming they’re capable of riding one of those), if they can, then all the same issues apply as for anybody else.

edhornby

and you’d smash your ankle on the pedal with the pushing foot when you tried to scoot it

PILE OF SH1TE !!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Could you fit a woodburner on that footplate?

rusty90
    Free Member

Could be perfect for someone with limited mobility intelligence

Harry_the_Spider

Ed makes a very valid point. One slip and that would run you over with the pedal pinning your foot to the floor thus busting your ankle.

aracer
    Free Member

It does mention in the blurb somewhere about the pedals being removable for scooting, but I’m not surprised that nobody else has read any of the blurb, not criticising you for it, and don’t feel entirely comfortable about defending it in any way.

Doubtless it will be oversubscribed 🙄

Trimix
    Free Member

Its $999 retail, or $649 if your doubly stupid to buy it during the kick-starter process.

However, the world has no shortage of stupid people, some will send their money.

midlifecrashes

[CrocodileDundeeModeOn]

That’s[/i] not a scooter, no hold on, it’s a bike…..Wait a minute….it’s…erm…..

This is a scooter, no hold on, it’s a bike…..Wait a minute….it’s…erm…..

[CrocodileDundeeModeOff]

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘It's a scooter, no hold on, it's a bike…..Wait a minute….it's…erm…..’ is closed to new replies.