Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • It's 4×4 pick-up time again
  • Got the nod today that my Navara is a total loss, due to it’s little bump, so have been looking around.

The list is…

Another Navara – 2.5l downspecced, 3.0l auto (does same mpg) expensive and a new model has just been announced, so residuals will suffer.

VW Amarok – ridiculously expensive to spec up where I’d like it and also second hand

Hilux – don’t like ’em

L200 – don’t like ’em

Ford Ranger – 2.2l underpowered, 3.2 thirsty and can’t get the model I want for 12 months

Also fancy a Transporter Kombi LWB, but a decent spec is silly money

Then this caught my eye – reasonable price and spec – does 38mpg average…

The big seller also, is a 5year 125k warranty.

No calls for a cheap shitty van please – I do 40k and this is my only vehicle, so want something reasonably plush.

Note – the stupid graphic on the door would be the first thing to go

ninfan
    Free Member

Farm guys I know are saying that the great wall steed is a killer deal for a working truck.

Pigface
    Free Member

Got to be a Subaru Brat

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marcus
    Free Member

Discovery 4 Commercial with a rear seat conversion retro fitted – HMRC would never know 🙂

Farm guys Ianyone knows are saying that the great wall steed is a killer deal for a working truck great big steaming pile of excrement.

FTFY

Seriously, it might survive 6 months on a farm, but it really is rubbish

andyl
    Free Member

Been a fan of D-max since it came out. Not to everyones taste but spec, warranty and tow weight are hard/impossible to beat. Our friends is much better than the old Navara it replaced (bottom end went on engine).

failedengineer

A mate of mine’s just got one of those Isuzus and he likes it. He is especially impressed by it’s good (relatively) fuel consumption.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve got an isuzu, bought new in 2008 and it’s been faultless. Mid 30s mpg too.

When I bought mine I found the base spec plus optional leather was a lot cheaper than the posh ones. You end up with the same thing but don’t suffer with all the embarrassing chrome crap bolted to the outside.

flip
    Free Member

Isuzu for the win, id have a blade no worries.

Ive got an 04 l200 but i wanna upgrade!!

tazzymtb

Dumping navara and going to dmax blade as company vehicles here as well..having taken them allnout on test rides..the ford is horrible and the gear box is shocking, amorok is just overpriced and not buolt very well, l200 hahahahahahahahahah toyota nice drive but really wallowly, isuzu actually drives ok and can take a decent load.

flip
    Free Member

I want this a ‘fall guy Amarok’

My l200 is great and drives like a truck cus er.. Its a truck.

geoffj

The DMAX is very nice. The white is a bit chavtastic though.

The DMAX is very nice. The white is a bit chavtastic though.

The black looks nicer (white or black only for that spec), I’ll admit – however, motorway work dictates light colours.

Even if they did a silver, I’d have to stick reflective yellow strips down the side – white, I can get away with.

spooky_b329

The Isuzu is also the only pick up in the UK to get a 3500kg tow rating. (unless perhaps the out going Defender is still in pick up form but that doesn’t tick any of your other boxes!)

My wife had some dealing with the Great Wall Steed importer and gets quite excited when she sees one actually on the road and not parked up at a dealer 🙂 (I think she has only seen one and my ears are still ringing from that)

busydog
    Free Member

Curiosity question—do they sell the Toyota Tacoma in the UK?
    I love mine, but not sure they are marketed in the UK.

do they sell the Toyota Tacoma in the UK?

Looks like a beefed up hilux – seems a nice looking truck, but no they don’t sell it in the UK

Nicer in black 🙁

shifter
    Free Member

I is confused why you wouldn’t want the graphic.
    Nice looking truck btw.

rossatease
    Free Member

I drove the chevy version of the Isuzu for a few years, very agricultural drive, i chopped it in for the Amarok, very disappointing, then came back home to my T5, bought a panel van and had it kombified. 5-600 miles on a just under 100 quid tank, room for all the toys and they’re locked up.
    The drive quality is also better if you have to do any miles, much as I love them, pick ups aint as practical as vans.

geoffj

The black looks nicer (white or black only for that spec), I’ll admit – however, motorway work dictates light colours.

Ah I see (pun intended) 🙂

What about one of the new Transits?

I is confused why you wouldn’t want the graphic.

I might be a Blade, but I still have some taste 😉

I drove the chevy version of the Isuzu for a few years, very agricultural drive, i chopped it in for the Amarok, very disappointing, then came back home to my T5, bought a panel van and had it kombified. 5-600 miles on a just under 100 quid tank, room for all the toys and they’re locked up.
    The drive quality is also better if you have to do any miles, much as I love them, pick ups aint as practical as vans and to be honest, the driving experience isn’t much different.

What about one of the new Transits?

No ta. Don’t want a van

[/quote]

The new Isuzu is a world apart from the old one.

If I were to have a Kombi, I’d need a low miler. Have you seen the price of low milers? Anyway, the Isuzu mpg is up there with a Transporter. I’m used to driving both pick-ups and vans

Pigface
    Free Member

You have painted yourself into a corner really, looking at the list the Isuzu is all you have left.

I have driven most of what you quoted and the L200 is a bit nasty but the Hi Lux is ok but it comes down to personal preference.

My current car is plain awful but you get used to it 😳

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘It's 4×4 pick-up time again’ is closed to new replies.