Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • ITrackworld – Google profile issue – advice needed
  • ratadog

Hi,

I have found an oddity in an email thread between myself and one of my friends, using Gmail at my end, a Tiscali email address at theirs. The initial emails to me were identified in gmail as coming from “Friend’s email address” but the last couple of emails to me have been identified as coming from “Mrs Felicia David’s(friend’s email address).

For those that have not come across her before, old Felicia has for some years, despite the loss of her husband/her own terminal illness etc., been looking to give large sums of money away to anyone prepared to share their bank details….in short, it is a name closely associated to one of the Nigerian money scams.

If I understand correctly, Gmail/Google seek to try and pad out google profiles with information that they believe is associated with that email address. I am confident that the friend is an innocent party before the Singletrack regulars try and postulate that the Nigerian money scams are all run from Cleethorpes.

Therefore does anyone have any bright ideas why gmail now thinks my friend has changed their name and moved to Nigeria? I am wondering whether their email address has been used to send on scam emails at some stage and set up this association within gmail. Is this likely? Also what can be done to sort it out in addition to advising the friend to run their virus/malware scanners pronto? Mine has come up clean.

Thanks.

tl; dr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ITrackworld – Google profile issue – advice needed’ is closed to new replies.