Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • IT/Firefox question – pasting links in emails?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I use Firefox as my internet doo-da at home, but when I go into my emails – Hotmail, and I want to copy/paste a link to something like another website or youtube the pasted link just comes up as text and not a clickable link, so the receiver has to copy/paste the address into a new page, this doesn't happen when I use Microsoft IE at work or elsewhere it comes up in my email as a clickable link … so is there some setting in Firefox I need to change, if so what, where, is it?

Thanks 😕

GrahamS

It's not a browser setting as far as I know.

More likely that Hotmail (owned by Microsoft) plays nicely with Internet Explorer (by Microsoft) but for some reason has been engineered in such a way that it doesn't play nicely on Firefox.

Such issues are common Microsoft sites, though the rest of the Internet seems to manage somehow.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Oh, ok, seems nothing I can do about it then, it's a bit of a pain that's all.

teef
    Free Member

You need to use the Insert Hyperlink icon in the text formatting toolbar – directly above the text window. It looks like a Globe and Chain links – i.e. link to the www

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks teef, I'll have a look at that and try it later

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘IT/Firefox question – pasting links in emails?’ is closed to new replies.