Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • items missing in the post.
  • grimupnorth
    Free Member

lads,

bought & paid for a 661 pressure suit via pink bike.

person I bought it from has confirmed he posted it and we have the tracking number and all that jazz.

item was posted out approx 10/11th novemeber and still no sign of it arriving.

have been in touch with Royal Mail, they confim they received the item and that it’s missing in their system.

my question is, has anyone experience of putting in a claim for missing post??? what sort or time scale does it take to process claims etc? and do they have a limit on the amount you can claim????

cheers 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

How was it sent?

Recorded delivery has a limit of £46 compensation
    Special Delivery next day is £500

carlphillips
    Free Member

will the limit you can claim be the amount he insured/stated it was worth when posting..?

nbt

my question is, has anyone experience of putting in a claim for missing post??? what sort or time scale does it take to process claims etc? and do they have a limit on the amount you can claim????

Only the sender can claim, as they in posting it made the contract with Royal Mail. who much *they* can claim depends on whether they took out the postal insurance on posting it, standard limit is £31 I think though it may have gone up.

That doesn;t negate the fact that you should get all your money back – it’ up to the sender to make sure what you paid for gets to you

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As NBT says, it’s the seller that has to claim, not you.

I’m thinking a Pressure Suit would be greater value than £46 so that could be an interesting conversation they’ll have.

Suppose Pink Bike may say give it ‘x’ weeks to see if it does arrive (crazier things have happened) but they should refund or replace, especially as they’ll know it’s definitely not been delivered to you.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/claiming-off-royal-mail-1st-class-recorded

just made this thread….im the sender and in the same boat, tracking number just says progressing through network 🙁 mine was posted 15th november, still no sign, limit for 1st class recorded is £46….luckily mine was 25, im going to pursue the claim for my recipient, hopefully get it sorted…

though they have told me there is every chance it will still turn up if its only lost in their network….could just be the time of year///

alexxx
    Free Member

word of warning – if you do get a claim in on the phone make sure… and i mean MAKE SURE they spell your name right… I got a cheque made out to alice not alex after going over it 5x…..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

alexxx how long after claiming did you get the money?

project
    Free Member

Royal fail will just send you the general letter saying theyve investigatedm, and dont have any idea where your mail, or parcel has gone, nothing ever gets stolen or mis delivered according to them.

Oh and the best excuse i had for missing mail to me , and me getting a neighbours mail from uop the road was , the postie couldnt read properley, and that was a depot management issue, so heres a new number to ring.

grimupnorth
    Free Member

pressure suit only cost £35 posted so looks like I/we should be covered by 1st class recorded compensation.

will get back in touch with the sender and make him aware of the claims process.

the following link gives a bit more speel and also provides a link to the form P58 that needs to be completed.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/personal-customers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process

….ta for all the info!

BoardinBob

Personally I think the seller should reimburse you and make the claim himself

z1ppy

no thinking about it, plain and simple “the seller should reimburse you and make the claim himself

metalheart
    Free Member

As a bit of perspective I’ve just received a DVD sent on 14th Nov (should have been delivered Monday at the latest).

Post can take a while this time of year…

alexxx
    Free Member

about 3 weeks mate

project
    Free Member

royal mail stated today, parcels posted today would arrive tomoorow, for first class the day after for second class,

BBC1,NORTHWEST TONIGHT,

Some hope of that ever happening..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘items missing in the post.’ is closed to new replies.