Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Item not as described, help/ advice needed
  • wukfit
    Free Member

Yesterday I won a bike on eBay,
    I collected it this morning (paying cash)
    When I got home I found it wasn’t the size advertised (s instead of m)
    Now where do I stand?
    Item was not as described, but at the same time I did technically see it before handing over the cash?
    Is definitely too small, but what are my rights? If any

dannybgoode

Limited IMHO if you inspected the goods and then handed over your cash.

Its not as if its hidden damage etc – you could have tried the bike for size, took a tape measure etc.

Cougar

http://ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/rights.html

You still fall under SOGA.

Where the seller is a private individual, the goods must be “as described”.

wukfit
    Free Member

I had 4 minutes between meeting the seller and getting on the train home, so didn’t actually inspect the bike,
    To be fair, I glanced it over but the size wasn’t one of the things I thought to check, more important things
    At the end of the day, the kids dad came and picked up the bike, and gave me the cash back, and was very understanding,
    But did he have to?
    If it went to resolution centre, would I be lumbered out of pocket with a bike that’s that’s too small because I failed to check such a simple thing?

boblo
    Free Member

Oh dear…. Why go and pick it up if you didn’t bother even looking at it? Sorry to be unsympathetic but caveat emptor and all that….

Jamie
    Free Member

I had 4 minutes between meeting the seller and getting on the train home, so didn’t actually inspect the bike

…erm.

wukfit
    Free Member

I know, school boy error, and luckily the guy was alright about it
    Was just wondering where I’d stand if he wasn’t,
    Lesson learnt, and with the exception of £30 or so on the train journey, learnt lightly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Item not as described, help/ advice needed’ is closed to new replies.