• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Itchy stubble
  • simmy
    Free Member

I’m the worlds worst at growing a beard. Weeks worth of not shaving has produced just a mere stubble.

Last week, I stupidly smacked myself in the face trying to snap a length of wood resulting in a small scratch which has just about healed. Because of that, I’ve not shaved for a week as I didn’t want to split the scab off.

I’m now debating about keeping the beard but the itching is driving me crazy.

Is there anything I can apply to stop this or do I just get the Bic out ?

scotroutes

It’ll pass

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

simmy
    Free Member

CFH, Do those have Testosterone in them as it would help the beard grow quicker 😉

Drac

Beard oil.

My first attempt at growing a beard too and also a week in.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seasoned stubble owner here, it’ll soon stop itching. Could take about a week but once the hair grows outwards rather than down onto the skin it’ll be much easier to deal with. It does need to get to at least 2/3mm though..

trailmoggy
    Free Member

It’ll stop very soon don’t worry

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Swap for your morning skinny soy latte 😉

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Usually lasts a day or two for me, feel like I want to itch my face off.

fasthaggis

GrahamS

I’ve recently grown a proper beard for this first time (about 3 months in).

I can confirm that it itches like granny’s woolly jumper for the first few weeks before it settles down. Splash with cold water. Wash every day with the same shampoo you use on you head. Take antihistamines. Try not to scratch.

Beard oil didn’t help with the itching in my case, but is does smell good and make it look a bit better.

dmck16
    Free Member

Have had a full Beard for a couple of years now, and this works for me:

Only wash it once or twice a week with a mild soap (not shampoo, it’s too strong for facial skin!), as you don’t want to keep stripping any moisture/oils out. Make sure you dry it thoroughly after showering.
    Consider using a small amount of light moisturiser for the skin underneath (Clinique gel is good for this), followed by a Beard oil to keep it soft.
    Possibly even something like Proraso Beard balm to help with the growth coming through.

cranberry
    Free Member

A Bit itchy ?

Mleh.

funkmasterp

Don’t use hair shampoo it’ll dry your beard out, strip the natural oils and increase itching. Use moisturiser whilst it’s short and lightly scrub with a hard brush whilst showering. Scrubbing will remove dead skin that contributes to the itching. Use beard oil sparingly whilst the beard is short and level up to balm once it is long enough. If you’re planning on keeping it I’d recommend buying some beard soap. I’ve had a full, long beard most of my adult life and after years of trying different stuff I’d highly recommend the Mariner Jack range of oils, balms and soaps.

metalheart
    Free Member

Good grief, oils! balm! what kind of metrosexual hell have descended into? It’s a beard FFS, just let it grow!

Oh, and it’s not a real beard until you have to decide under the duvet or outside the duvet….

mh, unshaven since ’92

scotroutes
    DrP

Beard oil ftw…

I would always have a frantic shave at day 8 as the itch would have me pulling my face off..
    Using beard oil helped me through!!

I now have a manly jet black beard of wonder*

DrP

*it may be a touch more, em, ginger, actually..

fasthaggis

Take antihistamines

Are you allergic to your beard Graham? 😉 😛

perchypanther
    Free Member

The anti histamines are for the stings.

GrahamS yesterday…….

funkmasterp

Good grief, oils! balm! what kind of metrosexual hell have descended into? It’s a beard FFS, just let it grow!

Lol – mines outside the duvet. If I didn’t use balm, soap and look after it I’d look like a homeless Billy Gibbons covered in beard dandruff. Not a look I’d like to cultivate. My Grandad used beard balm and soap it’s been around for donkeys years and simply makes a great beard greater. Nowt worse than a trampster beard or man-scaped at the other end of the spectrum.

fasthaggis

The anti histamines are for the stings.

Yup, a lot of his friends said” Bee careful what you wish for”

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

much as above – beard oil, don’t use hair shampoo.

metalheart
    Free Member

Lol @funkmasterp, you just nailed my look btw (- the druff like) 😉

PS I’m more under than over. Mostly…

IHN

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your obviously spammy first post!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Itchy stubble’ is closed to new replies.