Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Italy mountain bike holiday – October
  • cblair246
    Free Member

Looking for recommendations for a weeks mountain bike holiday in Italy in October please?

What companies have you used and what were they like? Ideally it’ll be the “enduro” style holiday as I don’t mind pedaling up…a bit. It would need to offer full accommodation etc and suitable for a guy travelling on his own.

Fat-boy-fat

Just ride Finale in Finale Ligure. Nuff said.

cblair246
    Free Member

Thanks for that. You been with them before, is so what are they like?

alpin
    Free Member

Vinschgau….

Bozen….

AirB’n’B. Flight to Verona and train into the hills.

cblair246
    Free Member

Alpin, I’m travelling on my own so looking to join a group to have some company.

cardo

Ridgeline in Tuscany , been over there twice with them, excellent trails in the Apennine mountains , great guiding from Rich and accommodation in the Agri Turismo. The pool might be a bit cold in October tho’ Ridgeline website here

Fat-boy-fat

Have been with Finale. Fantastic trails and Louise is a brilliant guide. She and her husband have just finished building their new accommodation but She can also offer places to stay in town.

ciquta
    Free Member

I’m from Italy but not sure about enduro

just book a flight to Verona then post your question here (likely it’s going to be somewhere between Verona and Trento)

https://www.mtb-mag.com/forum/forums/dove-pedalare-vacanze-in-mtb.16/

cblair246
    Free Member

Thanks all, will be in touch with them and see if they have availability.

Any other recommendations?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Mattbee has a friend that lives there running an MTB company.
    Will get him to post although I’m sure Aide is a member here

alpin
    Free Member

cblair246 – Member

Alpin, I’m travelling on my own so looking to join a group to have some company.

meh… i’m a misanthrope. 😉

cblair246
    Free Member

cblair246 – Member

meh… i’m a misanthrope.

Normally so am I, but if you are on your own who can you be stoked with at the bottom of each run with and let them know how knarly it was 😉

nickc

Does it have to be Italy?

augustuswindsock

Contact Michael at http://rebbens.com/
    He’ll sort you out I’m sure!

nobbyq
    Free Member

lake garda ?

oldtalent
    Free Member

mtb beds are doing a finale ligure package currently. I’m sorely tempted to pull my finger out my arse & get it booked, but Im not a fan of flying & the associated faff, but its a bit too far to drive.

cblair246
    Free Member

Does it have to be Italy?

Open to suggestions?

nasher
    Free Member

Molini 🙂

markgraylish
    Free Member

Vinschgau….

Bozen….

AirB’n’B. Flight to Verona and train into the hills.

Coincidentally, I’m in Vinschgau now…the area looks promising and the tourist office have some good info/routes and some ski lifts are open to mid Oct…BUT winter seems to have come early as there’s been several days of heavy rain and snow is relatively low 🙁
    I was hoping to do the 3 Nation Enduro trails tomorrow but snow looks too low 🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

Problem with the Dolomites in October is that you could have a lot of snow if you are unlucky. Even Garda Lake can have snow in October as I have experienced in the past though last year it was warm enough for the kids to jump in the lake all but briefly. I would also suggest Finale Ligure. I haven’t been personally but a friend of mine who is well into his enduro and downhilling (also works for Merida) goes there almost monthly or so it seems from his FB postings. Looks really good. It is a little further south the mountains are not quite as high as the Alps and being it’s right on the coast will be milder.

trout
    Free Member

we have just come back from Vinschgau Latsch
    excelent trails
    they do uplifts by van or chair lifts

we did not use the uplifts and managed to do 1000 feet short of Everest up and down .
    in six rides
    have a look on youtube for the trails

also smashing hotel residence montani

alpin
    Free Member

Coincidentally, I’m in Vinschgau now…the area looks promising and the tourist office have some good info/routes and some ski lifts are open to mid Oct…BUT winter seems to have come early as there’s been several days of heavy rain and snow is relatively low

Vinschgau is now so popular…. It is like the new Garda.

However, the trails are generally sweet. They dry out quickly after rain, but even then it doesn’t rain that often, particularly around Latsch (it has its own micro-climate). Was there in January and the trails are still rideable up to 1400m.

Was at Reschen in February and there was so little snow. Felt sorry for all the Dutchies that had driven down for their hols.

Tend to go down about 8 times a year. Nice area.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anywhere in the Alps in October is going to be a bit crappy weather wise.

Can you head further south in Italy?

dragon
    Free Member

Not quite what you asked for but how about south of France and hitting up the Roc d’azur festival in Frejus (about an hour drive from Nice)? One of the biggest mtb / cycling events in Europe I believe.

Roc Azure

GMBN have done some vids from there in the past.

nasher
    Free Member

Anywhere in the Alps in October is going to be a bit crappy weather wise.

Not in the maritime and Ligurian Alps. October is one of our peak riding months…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Italy mountain bike holiday – October’ is closed to new replies.