Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Italian restaraunt's in Harrogate?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Any decent ones? (like actually IN Harrogate & not 'just out of Harrogate') Spending the day/evening there on friday.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Does it have to be Italian? The best one is on kings road opposite the conference centre if it does. Best atmosphere is in the Mexican 'salsa posada' just off bower road

BigJohn

William & Victoria is the place I always go. Not very Italian.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Doubtful you would get into W&Vs on Friday without a reservation. The Tiger Inn at Coneythorpe is very good (but not at all central – about 15 minute drive from Harrogate just off the York Road at Flaxby) – local pub with some really good food and real ales.

allthegear
    Free Member

I went to one about a year ago called San Martino's and it was fab. The main guy there was about as Italian as you could get and was really friendly.

Food was really good – they even sorted out gluten-free vegetarian for the gf.

MRanger156
    Free Member

http://www.orchidrestaurant.co.uk/

Not italian but very good, best I've been to in Harrogate.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

about a year ago called San Martino's

Where is that?

Yes – the Orchid is very good too. Special occasion prices though 🙁

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Damn Yankee – fantastic american diner
    BED – chilled out varied menu
    Cattlemens association – good steakhouse

Italian – a lot of people rave over Pinnochios, very popular

MRanger156
    Free Member

Haven't been to Pinnochios since I was 10!

l45key
    Free Member

There used to be an est est est, last time I was down there.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Pinnochios isn't a patch on what it once was. In fact is it still open? I should know because I walk by it almost every day!

Carlton
    Free Member

Pinochios is shut as far as I recall

There Sasso's which is excellent but pricey
    Luigi's on Valley drive which is OK
    The Italian Connection which has some connection with James Whale and was good when I went a long time ago

If all else fails there's always Pizza Express….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why not go to the Old Bell and have a proper pint of beer and some nice food.

I'm sure they will put on an Italian acent if it makes you feel happier?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why not go to the Old Bell and have a proper pint of beer and some nice food.

Can't help but agree. Then go for a curry when you are w&nkered on Belgian Cherry Beer which is 400% proof.

bobfleming

Second for Luigi's on Valley Drive. It was Luigi who ran Pinochios in its heyday.
    Can't beat a few good pints at the Bell though!! then sod the food!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maybe I shoulda mentioned, 'our lass wants to go for an Italian meal on Friday' So I (sorry, 'she') wants Italian!
    I'm not arsed either way, maybe I should tell her there are none?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If I was trying to impress, I would go to The Orchid (assuming she likes oriental food)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers MF but we're well beyond impressing each other!
    Pizza Hut it is then!

spacemonkey

Head south to Leeds and pay a visit to Salvo's. Some of the best pizzas around (amongst other things).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Head south to Leeds and pay a visit to Salvo's

Wasn't he on The Gordon Ramsey programme the other week?

I have been there once myself – I tended to think it was an average Italian.

Another one – it isn't in Harrogate, it is down the road in Knaresborough – it's called Bella Sicilia (was Bella Rosa before I think). It is a really nice, friendly, family-owned place, next to Knaresborough Castle and right next door to the Castle Vaults pub.

spacemonkey

Wasn't he on The Gordon Ramsey programme the other week?

Indeed he was.

Highly recommended by the gf who went there several times while living in Leeds.

The trouble with restaurants (IMHO) is that no matter how good they are, if you get them on a bad day (or night) then it's a right pi55er. One example from experience is a Thai we've visited for years – very good food on every visit except on one occasion when only the head chef turned up but none of the other chefs did. She had a right paddy and turned out distinctly below-par food. Not impressed. Got a discount though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Italian restaraunt's in Harrogate?’ is closed to new replies.