Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • It would appear that we just accepted an offer on our house…..
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

suppose we’d best get out and find one we want now 😯

Liftman

Well done, how long were you on the market for

marsdenman
    Free Member

thanks, lift man, about 2 months ❗

camo16
    Free Member

That’s a pretty good result in two months… well done!

mintimperial

Wooohooo! 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Well done Marsdenman and good luck on finding somewhere.

We fell in love with a house earlier in the “summer”, so put our house on the market. We probably could’ve made a move on the one we loved, but the OH is cautious and we decided to wait until we had an offer….. the day ours started being marketed, we got a call from the other houses agent to say that they’d accepted an offer 😥

Ended up receiving an offer for ours 3 weeks after putting it on. We didn’t accept it as we hadn’t find anywhere we liked, but the offer still stood. I think we’re just too picky. Ended up taking the house of the market a couple of weeks ago as there just wasn’t anything about we liked.

Good job really though as the OH has just handed her notice in, so we’re down an income from Christmas onwards!

ash.addy
    Free Member

You’re lucky we’ve been waiting 4 1/2 years and had 5 offers fall through for various reasons (no issues withthe house)

jam-bo

no issues with the house

Really? Five years and you don’t think there is a reason for it?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂
    Yep, given the current market, we’re lucky…. and happy!
    Time to find our next, smaller, place.

had our heart on a couple that have gone, got a few viewings lined up… if all else fails were ok to drop into rented for a short while – time will tell – as we all know, it ain’t sold until it’s all signed over..
    In itself, that will be interesting – we’ve told the buyers that, at the agreed price, we’ll not be accepting any requests for niggling reductions here and there – any of that and we’ll pull out – we are in a good position in that downsizing is a choice, not ‘forced’ option.

vinnyeh

Pah. We’ve been keeping an eye in the 2 bed bungalow across the street from us- knew it was coming up for sale, and it’s got a good sized garden, so were interested- until ‘For sale’ board went up Monday, with what we thought was a laughable asking price of 499k.
    For sale was replaced with ‘Sold’ on Wednesday. Three days on the market. 😯

poolman
    Free Member

bleeding L where do you all live?

I bought an investment flat in SW London earlier this year & had to pay a fullish price (not a foolish price ha ha) to secure it immediately. It was never really on the market & the agent didn’t even have to do any viewings.

My previous offers on different properties had been rejected & they all sold – I checked on the land reg website.

That was 6 months ago & now any decent 1 bedder is asking 10-20k more. Where on earth is this extra buying power coming from?

Strangely enough I don’t actually feel any better off as I have no intention of selling & it’s only because the market is starved on the supply side that these prices are being asked.

footflaps

Where on earth do 2 bed bungalows go for £500k?

Ben_mw

Nice one Marsdenman! All you need to do now is get out of that valley and move somewhere nice, like above Holmfirth!

vinnyeh

here.

footflaps

Wowsers, my workshop is almost as big….

And I thought Cambridge was insanely over priced…..

footflaps

It’s also a pretty ugly Bungalow, inside and out….

hammerite
    Free Member

Pretty big garden with that one though. Wonder if it has planning potential?

The people we bought our house off said they were moving to Harpenden for some reason. Seems they only got as far as Luton though 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

There’s one near me just gone on the market for £575k…..hasn’t had a thing done in 5o years, like walking into a museum! Old boy of 94 passed on recently.

(Surrey)

tonyg2003

I’m sure that Bungalow won’t stay like that for long. Roof extension and rear extension I presume? A mate bought a two bed bungalow recently and it’s nearing completion as a two level 4 bed. Here in Surrey it probably will probably be worth £600-700K finished.

sc-xc

like above Holmfirth!

…if only for the cheap beer at Scholes Cricket Club

mountainman

We been on market 3 months two views september,only feedback ,was garden too small,neighbours too close.

Dropped price monday ,viewing wed pm ,offer on table this morning, but they got to improve on it yet,too low.

Were movin to eire .

Raindog
    Free Member

here.

That is obscene. Really.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I heard something on the radio this morning about Harpenden

“don’t turn the engine off”

marsdenman
    Free Member

Lordy, that went off at an angle or three!
    ben +,sc-xc – marsden is great anf positively brimming with allsorts of clubs that offer cheaper drinks so, we’l be staying here 😉

That bungalow!! We’re looking at something similar here – albeit a semi – needs work but were looking at £125k…..!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Had an offer accepted this morn. Which is good as I managed to pass a lower price for mine, than I would have liked, up the chain.

If it all goes through (fingers Xd) will be moving from a 3 bed semi to a 4 detatched for about 10% consideration…. and there’s no chain.

The new place needs a bit of face lift, no great shakes, then and in a year or so time (hopefully) a bit of a re-rig/small extention…. and the Rose family is set for the next 20 odd year… save winning the lotto.

Congrats to all …. wishing you a stress free (well, as stressless as it can be) move

MrGrim

Congratulations OP and Ro5ey!

If anyone wants to buy a 3 bed semi-detached house in Dunfermline, please feel free to email me 🙂

Bunnyhop

marsdenman – I’m not surprised it went quickly as your house is gorgeous and I know you’ll make the next one even nicer.

Good luck with the move.

ononeorange

Moving down south, Marsdenman…?

We tried to move to Harpenden a few years ago. We just couldn’t put together enough to get anywhere other than really horrible places so just gave up in the end. It is pricey and stuff moves so fast.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Tell you what I piss my self laughing at what some people think a house is worth.

500k I would want 6 bedroom and an indoor swimming pool.

I really do hope the whole housing thing does crash back to sensible prices, like a 50% drop in values over the next few years, maybe then we can get back to living and people can start to afford houses and move once in a while.

P.s. well done with the sale.

almightydutch
    Free Member

That bungalow is madness. Half a mill for that. You guys are warped!!!

cheers_drive

Our house in Bristol sold in 2 weeks, 3 bed semi. Sold for £2500 more than we bought it for in spring 2008 near the top of the market, a little less than was spent on it but not bad considering. Fingers crossed we’ll be moved by Xmas.
    The market is slow if you are in the wrong area or house type, I guess we were lucky.
    House prices are ridiculous but stevewhyte you are kidding yourself if you think there is going to be a big crash.

mudshark
    Free Member

I really do hope the whole housing thing does crash back to sensible prices, like a 50% drop in values over the next few years

Don’t hold your breath.

Anyway, if you don’t want a bungalow for your 1/2m then live somewhere less desirable – Harpenden must be pretty special though….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I can but dream, I still think its going to drop by as much as 20%. That might just come from no increase in real values over the next 5 years with inflation ticking along at 2-3%. The problem is no ones wages are going up, well apart from the private sector fat cats.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ooh here’s a 2 bed bungalow for £3/4m near me – got an acre of land though.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35672813.html

bloodynora
    Free Member

+1 stevewhyte….. And then some!

bruk

Had no idea where Harpenden was so googled it> At least 4 golf courese in close proximity must be part of the reason a very ordinary house goes for that much.

I thought Cheshire was bad and we are getting 4 bed barn conversion with bigger garden for much less than that.

Ours was on market for about 3 weeks, priced to attract viewings and 2nd one offered a good price. Was worth waiting when we first bought to buy in the right street as I’m sure that’s part of the reason we have been able to sell on at an ok price and timescale.

Fingers crossed for you OP, we are still waiting on contracts and completion so could still go balls up anytime.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Can we leave Harpenden out of this, I live there but I don’t think it is the greatest place to live, the schools are good & the comute to London is quick, that’s why prices are silly. Compared to living in central London & possibly/probably sending your kids to private school it’s an attractive option.

PS, I would rather live somewhere like Yorkshire, but the better half would never have that 🙁

MrGrim

I’m giving this thread credit for my good luck 🙂 Day after we received a verbal offer which has been accepted. The house has been on the market for 5 months. Waiting for the written offer today. Just need to find a new place now 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Accepted an offer on our place a month or so ago, but only just had an offer accepted on the place we want to buy.

Big relief as the deadline was looming, extra pleased as it’s way bigger than our current house and the same price.

🙂

spooky_b329

Good luck guys…

We are in the thick of it and been dealt a good hand so far…

We had two estate agents round, we discounted one as we thought they had over-valued the house. We had a viewing the day before it went on Rightmove, we accepted an offer the following day and based on that the house as risen in value 10% since we bought it five years ago. (albeit we have probably spent that doing it up)

We had an offer accepted the following weekend and there are only three houses in the completed chain, just down to the solicitors now. Sounds like everyone wants to move fast so hopefully will exchange in a week or two and complete before December.

Fingers crossed! Better knuckle down for the increased mortgage payments…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘It would appear that we just accepted an offer on our house…..’ is closed to new replies.