Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • It was always going to happen (Countdown swear word content) is safe for work
  • geoffj

Linky: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2010/mar/25/countdown-f-word

Countdown co-presenter Rachel Riley was left cringing on Tuesday's show after the F-word popped up on the letter board, report the Sun and Star. Host Jeff Stelling grinned when he noticed that the letters U, D, F, C, K, and E spelled out a six-letter version of the swearword. The contestants prevented any embarassment by opting for the five-letter words "Faced" and "Caged" instead. Meanwhile, the dictionary team picked the seven-letter "Dockage" and "Dogface".

😆

woody2000

ddmonkey

Hello! Rachel Riley….

DezB
    Free Member

cranberry
    Free Member

Am I the only one who thinks that she's probably finished off more pensioners than Shipman?

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else remember that Fry and Laurie sketch about similar, where they had BOLLOSCK come up and they just sat there going ummm.. lock? slob?

PMSL

mtbfix

I happened to be watching that whilst off sick. I was surprised that they chose 5 letter words but wondered if that was part of the editing of the show, maybe.

Rachel is amazing.

MrTall
    Free Member

I'll never forget being in the room with my parents watching Countdown a few years ago when a normal set of letters came up and my Mom was hard at work finding good words and she turned to me and said (totally innocently i may add) "Can you be 'Fisted'? That's a good one for 6" 😳

I had to leave the room. If i'd been drinking tea it would have been spat clear aross the room.

beamers

Similar to the Wheel of Fortune South Park episode.

MrTall
    Free Member

Naggers!! 😀

beamers

Annoyingly I can't find a high quality clip of the Naggers episode on YouTube. Shame as its hilarious.

Rickos
    Free Member

Lordy! Google images shows she wears some good dresses!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘It was always going to happen (Countdown swear word content) is safe for work’ is closed to new replies.