• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • IT recruitment agencies for contract work – recommendations?
  • geoffj

Any recommendations?
    Ta

jamj1974

Most are shite*

*I would like to be joking – but no, most are worse than awful.

grizedaleforest

What sort of IT?

br
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

The one who has the contract you can do?

keefmac

try Sanderson, LA International, Experis, Teksystems

there are loads

mudshark
    Free Member

I deal with ones who specialize in my area, got to know some agents quite well and hope that helps with how they deal with me. Do need to accept though that if you don’t get something you want you’ll likely never hear back – and maybe never from them again.

hels
    Free Member

Depends what kind of work you want to do, and who you want to work with. Some companies will have contracts to supply to central government, for example.

Look for posts advertised first, then sign up with whichever agency is supplying. A contract sometimes goes out to all agencies, they will offer different rates – or whatever they think they can get you to accept (some have a flat fee and they pocket the difference)

And they are all sharks, but you probably know that.

jamj1974

You need to build relationships with the limited number of good recruiters and (I am hating myself for saying this) build a network. Many roles are not advertised and you need to use your network of contacts to find out about them.

julians
    Free Member

The one who has the contract you can do?

This ^^

Doesnt matter which agency, its just whoever has a job you can do.

Just trawl jobserve (several times a day – I’m not kidding),If you see a role, apply for it immediately – do not hesitate or fanny about. update your profile on linkedin, fire a few CV’s off to the following, and go from there.

– Hays
    – Spring
    – Rullion
    – Lorien

brassneck

I know a few with Tek Systems who don’t seem to have a problem with them.

I’m not sure anyone actually likes recruitment agencies!

IHN

They’re (generally) all the same; your best friend up until the point that you don’t get asked for interview, or get asked for interview but don’t get the gig, at which point they suddenly vanish.

Get signed up for CW Jobs, Insite, Jobserve etc etc, sign up for the job alerts and browse the sights a couple of times a day.

Cougar

A mate of mine runs one dahn sarf. I’ll see if I can dig up details.

Cougar
    br
    Free Member

I’m not sure anyone actually likes recruitment agencies!

You just need to accept what their role is, and go from there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘IT recruitment agencies for contract work – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.