Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IT question – Windows Remote Desktop – Full Screen on second session
  • sl2000

I’ve been working from home on a series of RDP connections…

home -> office gateway -> my office PC -> VM in the DMZ -> customer

Is there any way to control the full screen-ness on these sessions? I’d like to keep my office PC full screen, and switch the DMZ and customer connections between windowed and full screen.

If I Ctrl-Alt-Break it just switches the first session (the office gateway) to/from full screen?

As I make connections, I can choose them to be full screen, and can then shrink them to a window from the bar at the top – but I can’t turn a windowed session back in to a full screen one.

Cougar

I’m not aware of a way, short of reinstigating the connection. If you work it out, let me know…!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nested RDP sessions are a right old pain in the rs, especially when your local resolution is lower than the clients. Not sure about your problem I’m afraid. Have you tried adding using Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Break? Shift works for some nested RDP keystrokes, but not tried that one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Long shot but,

What does Ctrl-Esc do?

allthepies
    Free Member

Nested remote desktops 😯

Nightmare! Especially when all their password protected screensavers kick in 😆

TN
    Free Member

I have nothing to offer but this drives me nuts too, so if there IS an answer…

sl2000

Have you tried adding using Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Break?

I had to get someone to help me press all the keys… but no this just did the same as Ctrl-Alt-Break.

What does Ctrl-Esc do?

Opens the start menu.

I’m not aware of a way, short of reinstigating the connection.

Fair enough. Good to have confirmation that this is just the way it is and I’m not missing anything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IT question – Windows Remote Desktop – Full Screen on second session’ is closed to new replies.