Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • IT numpty problem. My dongle may have died…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Desktop PC used a dongle to pick up the Wi-Fi. Or it did until this week. Was a bit intermittent earlier in the week but turning on and off seemed to restart it working, but now not connecting to the internet at all.

All other devices working fine.

Can anyone explain in words of one syllable how to get the connection going again please?

BT internet, Windows 8.1 on the desktop if it makes any difference.

Thanks

satchm00
    Free Member

Near the clock in the right hand corner is the connection symbol right click and select troubleshoot options.

Let it and run, see how you get on.

Could be a firmware thing too, worth looking at the suppliers website and see what you can find, might need to uninstall/re-install the drivers.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers

The trouble shooter didn’t find anything and announced that it wanted to look for other possibilities via the internet – which it can’t connect to, obviously.

I’ll try the manufacturers site – it’s a few years old, might just go and get a new one if nothing turns up.

I just love IT, me – so long as it is working!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Can you try the dongle in another device?

Restarted the router?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ken Dodd’s dad’s dongle’s dead.

revs1972
    Free Member

I’ve had this a few times. Putting it in a different USB port and restarting cleared up the problem.
    Also rebooted the router at the same time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘IT numpty problem. My dongle may have died…..’ is closed to new replies.