Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • it lives again….! Sanderson rebuild.
  • alpin
    Free Member

built up my old sanderson for the GF (me). ok so the frame, fork and seatpost, cranks, bb and headset were all once part of the same family. they are now reunited once again with new family members including wheels, both mechs and shifters, chain and cassette, grips, rotors (think they are the nicest shaped rotors around) and pedals.

was replaced by this frame….. two completly different bikes. both great fun.

pauldowker
    Free Member

nice to see another sanderson on here.. looks like it will be a good ride.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I bow down before your interior design. 🙂

topangarider
    Free Member

What travel forks are on the Sanderson? Sorry, I have no idea about Rockshox stuff!

Would Menja 130AM’s go on a Sanderson?

Zappa
    Free Member

nice to see another sanderson on here.. looks like it will be a good ride.

Very nice, and if it’s anything like your Sanderson Paul, I’m sure it will be.

alpin
    Free Member

pauldowker – Member
    “nice to see another sanderson on here.. looks like it will be a good ride. “

it is a nice ride. essentailly the same bike i was riding this time last year with a few new(er/ish) bits that got pinched for the Alpine.

used to look like this….

frame is designed for 100mm but i never had a prob or felt the handling was wrong when i wound it out to 130mm. usually rode it at 120mm so it sat around 100mm with sag.

good XC frames although i was riding the whole of last year in the alps on big mountains and didn’t get left behind often. frame is nice and lively and soaks up lots of trail bumpyness. good climber too at 100mm.

now got to choose a new colour as we’ve found a company that do bikes for around 50-60€ depending on finish/colour. pink?

pauldowker
    Free Member

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Running RS Duke XC, Bonte kit, Mavic Cross Rides and a mixture of deore and XT. It rides so well and looks neat, not many of them around too. could you email me or put the details on here for the painters, need to get mine done.

Ta.

alpin
    Free Member

they’re in germany

i’ve found the original paint to be very hardwearing. has suffered a few spots of cable rub but that can be prevented using patches in the first place.

the GF wants it done (or i’m telling her she should get it done) so that its her bike. i’d still ride it even if it was pink.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘it lives again….! Sanderson rebuild.’ is closed to new replies.