Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • IT Help Please! HP Pavilion Laptop Drivers
  • Milkie
    Free Member

I’m having problems getting hold of the drivers for this laptop…

HP Pavilion DV8333ea

Gone to the HP site, downloaded all the drivers.. Most will not install… The main ones being Ethernet & Sounds! Ethernet being the main one I need to get installed.

Doing my nut in!!! Anyone got any ideas?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

[cough]Mac[/cough]

z1ppy

why won’t they install? (can’t locate device or just corrupted?)

Milkie
    Free Member

They won’t install, because I cannot find drivers for the Ethernet. I’ve tried other models Ethernet drivers, with no success.

The device is there in Device Manager, awaiting its drivers.. I just can’t seem to find/install the drivers.

Wozza
    Free Member

Have a look around the series and see if you can find anything there…

Link

Edit, you already did that, Sorry

z1ppy

????? So you’ve tried the Broadcom and Intel Pro driver available on the Hp website?

ok in device manager, select the device, go to properties, then the “details tab” pop that long string of info “PC\VEN_8086&DEV….etc…etc” into google and see what results come back, if you get no results back, remove some data (leaving the last string of data) from the search until it comes back with a result.

spooky_b329

HP use custom boards/drivers in some of their machines, I spent a couple of weeks trying to find drivers with no success.

HP will sell you a recovery DVD but I think its £20 or so. Other option is what I did, post up the model of the laptop and hope someone can send you a copy of the recovery disc.

I bought my PC under a home computing tax scheme (like the cycleschemes) and I was lucky find someone on the company discussion board that had the same PC.

Milkie
    Free Member

zippy: I’ll give that a go!

uplink: They do not have drivers for the Ethernet.

Spooky: I think that might be the best option!

A friend has the same laptop, so I will see if I can find out what drivers he has.

z1ppy

Milkie, I have to mention I’m with uplink on this, if you click the link below there are Intel & braodcom network drives available for the HP DV8333ea…

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3221696&lang=en

Milkie
    Free Member

Ah Cheers Zippy/Uplink. 😉

lol I’m running around like a bloody headless chicken today!!! New server’s are being bitches!!!

Downloading the Intel Pro Networking Driver now!!! Broadcom one is for Wireless? Wireless works already, don’t want to chance ruining that too! lol

Milkie
    Free Member

Cheers guys, the Intel Pro Driver worked!!!

I really do hate the HP site, I have 3 different tabs open, all of which have different drivers on them, for the same product!

All fixed now. :mrgreen:

z1ppy

you should try having to deal with them on a regular basis, your experience was easy in comparison! 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘IT Help Please! HP Pavilion Laptop Drivers’ is closed to new replies.