Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IT Help – please!!!!!!!!!!!
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Suddenly getting an error message on a laptop – macromedia flash can’t be found. Reinstalled flash player, still getting the poxy message. How do I solve this one???

therealhoops
    Free Member

have you tried completely removing flash and starting again?

Shakey
    Free Member

Are you using Firefox? If so I had the same problem, tried completely removing it, downloading the removal tool and re-installing all to no avail.

Eventually gave up and started using Opera which I think is an excellent browser.

If you search Google you should find lots of info about this problem!

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Cheers

samuri
    Free Member

if uninstalling/reinstalling doesn;t fix it you just need to copy your flash***.ocx file to flash.ocx. As shakey says, do a quick google and you’ll find the definitive answer.,

sweep
    Free Member

On Adobe’s site there’s a Flash Removal Tool you can download, run this and it will completely remove all signs of flash from your computer, then just go back to the site like anyone else would and ‘get flash payer’. That’ll solve it.

Lots of simply uninstalling and re-installing will not get rid of the problem, this will.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Flash Removal Tool

why can’t they just make it work properly in the first place ?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve seen this before with a google screensaver, an adobe flash update renames the flash.exe to something different…. so it looks like you have out of date software that is looking for an old version of flash…All I did was change the filename back to the old, problem solved.

If it’s not google software just renaming it may well fix your problem anyway….Otherwise you need to update or remove the old prog that is looking for the old flash.

psyclone1976
    Free Member

why can’t they just make it work properly in the first place ?

They do, windows is just **** 😆

tyger
    Free Member

It might just be worth checking your date and time.
    Sometimes when the clocks change Windows can do strange things like resetting the date to years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IT Help – please!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.