Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • IT Help Needed Over Here As Well
  • weeble
    Free Member

Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

My lap top has two drives detailed in My Computer C: (labelled install and capacity of 35mb)and D:(capacity in the region of 104mb), I presume that this is one disk that has been partioned.

Because I'm a numpty I've always just saved to C: and never given much thought to using D:that is until I've just relaised that C: is almost full.

Is there a way (or utility) in which I can move my files and programs around to D: to stop everything falling apart?

Ta

disco_stu
    Free Member

if you have the My Documents folder on the desktop right click on it and go to properties and select move, ust select the destination folder on the d: drive

weeble
    Free Member

Is it really that simple? Ideally I'd like to move stuff like itunes etc.
    I'll give a whirl though.

uplink
    Free Member

HDDs that size certainly take me back a bit

weeble
    Free Member

I think the laptop is only 3 years old, hence its classed as being prehistoric 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Blimey – how much itunes content do you hold on a 100mb drive?! Sure its not GB? If you're copying itunes (for example) content about, there'll be a config setting in itunes somewhere which relates back to the local library so that'll need changing to d:\itunes or whatever.

For other stuff like office docs, pictures etc then cutting and pasting is as simple as it gets.

weeble
    Free Member

Doh did mean GB.

scotia
    Free Member

not just that simple with itunes, you're going to have to do as DBW says then reconsolidate and a few other things…but i forget..have a look on the internet for changing location of itunes library.

FuzzyWuzzy

Moving your pagefile should be a quick way to free up a few GB on your C: to, its simple to do but depends a bit on your OS as to how.

DezB
    Free Member

Dunno if you've sussed this from the above, but you can't move programs over without reinstalling them. Normal files and data are ok.
    My documents is a good one to move over, but bare in mind you iTunes library will be under My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music so you should check out how to properly move this before getting rid of it off C:

DezB
    Free Member

As Fuzzywuzzy says, pagefile is a good one – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307886

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘IT Help Needed Over Here As Well’ is closed to new replies.