Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • IT help needed – bloomin stupid software update thing
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Why oh why do I HAVE to update stuff when it all works fine!!!

Bit of a niggle so nothing major, but went to use skype and it wouldn’t let me use it unless I updated to the latest version, now it always starts up when I start my computer – don’t want that to happen I’ll choose when I want to use it thankyou and my internet homepage has been reset to MSN News on ALL browsers … how do I change this? I’ve managed to stop MSN news, I have my homepage set to google, opens ok with firefox but I mostly use chrome and I can’t get chrome to open with google, it opens with a page where I have to select google from a set of page images, I’ve tried going through settings but there doesn’t seem to be a way of setting the default home page?? And, how do I stop skype starting up? 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why oh why do I HAVE to update stuff when it all works fine!!!

Somewhere between new features and fixing the gaping holes in security that have been discovered.

my internet homepage has been reset to MSN News on ALL browsers … how do I change this?

Normally there is a check box that is pre ticked saying set everything to MS blah but if your annoyed and not reading it you will miss it.
    Chrome – open settings on under on start up you can tell it what to do. (Settings, On Start Up, Opens a Specific set of pages, Set Pages – Then select one.
    As for skype should be under Tools/Options

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Skype> Tools> Options> General Settings – tick box saying Start Skype when I start windows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘IT help needed – bloomin stupid software update thing’ is closed to new replies.