Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • IT help, ASUS transformer ports & USB headaches
  • nickdavies
    Free Member

OK, so have a new ASUS transformer T100chi at work and i’ve got to make it work..

It needs to be able to use a couple of USB devices (which need power) which is where my headache starts.

The tablet is a tablet with a keyboard dock which links via bluetooth, and both have a single micro usb B input. So I can’t charge them and have a USB device at the same time.

Can I run a powered USB hub which would give the transformer both data and power? I’ve ordered an anker hub/power brick thing but it won’t work as a hub as I don’t have a normal USB port. The anker hub seems to have one of the USB B square ports but with 2 sections to it, to a USB A male adapter, I don’t have a converter for this. If I convert the USB A to micro USB will it all work, power the tablet and allow it to run as a hub?

It also seems to have a SS USB B adapter which I don’t have a clue what that does but it is like a sata style port with 2 seperate bits. Can I use this for power and a hub leaving the micro USB port free?

Cheers

scaredypants

SS USB is USB 3 isn’t it ? – I’d guess you could easily charge through that, or attach a device (via an adaptor lead) as you wish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘IT help, ASUS transformer ports & USB headaches’ is closed to new replies.