Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • It can take A LOT of bikes…. this weeks Wednesday Night Edinburgh Ride
  • ojom
    Free Member

So i have access to a van….

It can fit a few bikes in it….

Let’s go play somewhere with smelly portaloos and fun in the dark trails!

There is 2 spare seats in the front so someone could bring a car to ferry bodies while the van ferries the metalwork.

How is in?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I intend to come along.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Me to

stanfree
    Free Member

No excuses this week Im in . Bruce I’ll stick some tiger in your tank If your going.

stooo
    Free Member

Where you planning on riding ?

ojom
    Free Member

thinking GT then fish n chips after for dins.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Time?

coastkid
    Free Member

paul and i will head down in the foostie via the Granites road so see you down there,ATA?

sharki
    Free Member

Hmmmm, given the fact i’m still there, i may just be up for this, depends though what time i finish the black really 😉

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’d appreciate a lift? Not had the chance to ride the Spicy you sold me at a trail centre yet.

ojom
    Free Member

Well we will leave shoppe at 6pm sharp so meet there.

Aim to get all 3.5ltr of TDi there for 7pm, riding by 7.30pm after inevitable shock pressure testing and car park piss taking etc.

So basically – 7.15pm at BOTTOM i.e. THE VERY BOTTOM car park.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Meeee 🙂

jimmy

I’ll be there hopefully. Can take 3+3 or 5 folk with bikes in van.

Go heavy on the sawt’n’sauce ken

ojom
    Free Member

salt n sawce wi tha n aw aye? Ginger?

Kit
    Free Member

Ginger?

You called? Mark, any chance of getting that ASR5 demo we talked about a while ago on Wednesday? Muchly appreciated 🙂

Or alternatively, I need a lift with bike. Hopefully my lights are decent enough…

stanfree
    Free Member

THE BOTTOM CAR PARK , THE BOTTOM CAR PARK ….. Only Jesting. 😆 This will be a good test for my DX lights , was going to head for GT tomorrow so wont bother now . Any chance of seeing some of the secret trails ?, Or are they not for night riding. ?

Rob G hopefully you will be in attendance as Ive had your rack for ages and can finally weigh you in .

Northwind

Just looked at the metcheck forecast, it says up to 18:59pm, heavy rain. At 19:00 exactly it instantly stops and is completely dry for the rest of the night. It is Fate. So, hopefully, will be there.

ojom
    Free Member

Kit – that will be fine. It’s a medium but you should enjoy it to the max.

So it’s on then…

robgarrioch

Off Northward to home on Wed night, so gotta miss out another away trip… Will have a rigid in the car (steady…) with a choice of tyres though, maybe a Laggan-black night ride calls

or maybe not. Have a good one y’all & keep eyes open for a potential call to day-ride a week Sunday…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmmm – might well be up for this if a lift is available. What time to get back?

debaser

I’m up for this.

Will happily accept a lift (and bring sugary treats and petrol money for the driver) but could provide transport for 4 riders + 3 bikes if required.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

aye, sounds barry ken. i’ll go to TBC for 6pm and can help out with lifts etc.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Myself and one other will be at the shop at 6pm hankering for a lift.

Northwind

Looks like I’ll be meeting you guys there, don’t think I can offer a lift as I’m going to be pushing it to get there in time as it is though but if anyone’s stuck and is on the west side of the city give me a shout, I might be able to sort something.

bawbag
    Free Member

I could be up for heading along. Would be leaving from Gogarburn/Gyle side but have no motor – anyone driving from round there?

AntM
    Free Member

Looks like i could make it this week, have the wheels also.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Don’t think you’ll make the chippy. Both in Peebles shut at nine (but often a bit before). Penicuik (the small one)about half past but the big one there opens a bit later I believe.

jimmy

Well. Uh-huh. It seems, contrary to initial belief, that Yeti + Ryanair does not = healthy bike. Insurance claims ahoy.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Last time it was still open just before half nine. Might make this but feeling a bit under the weather. And got a puncture to fix.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooo. Bad luck James.

debaser

Looks like there are a few folk bringing transport and it would suit me better not to drive tomorrow night so I shall just be rocking up at the shop and hoping for a lift.

coastkid
    Free Member

aint there a chippy at inners?, used to be… we will be heading back that way anyway 😮

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll let you know what time the chippy if one in inners closes.

I’ll pop out now and find out for you.

sharki
    Free Member

Closes at 11pm, cookers go off at 10.30pm
    We could phone through the order for it all to be ready for collection or a delivery to GT for a wee charge.

I have menu’s.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have space for one if you are south Embra based. Let me know soon as I won’t be checking back here tomorrow.

coastkid
    Free Member

good recce Sharki 😮

sharki
    Free Member

Twas nae bother mate.

5 mins walk from me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Jim Jacks in Peebles closes at half nine. Very fine chish and fips. Good salt n sauce banter as weel.

Kit
    Free Member

I’ll be at the Shoppe for 6pm, for both bike and lift 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

If i dont get fish and chips i will literally go thermonuclear.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘It can take A LOT of bikes…. this weeks Wednesday Night Edinburgh Ride’ is closed to new replies.