Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • It appears I have misunderstood Jeremy Hunt all along….
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Unfortunately for ninfan and his, erm, laser-like analyses, he has doomed himself from here to the end of the world to being known as…

The guy with a tiny dick.

Well, its hardly news, but, see, you fell into the same trap as Cougar – you reacted to what you think I said rather than what I actually said.

I just said I’d like a larger one

N+1 and all that

I still don’t think the NHS would regard it as a need rather than a want though

nedrapier

you reacted to what you think I said rather than what I actually said.

There’s that problem again. Did Humpty Dumpty have a tiny dick as well?

ninfan
    Free Member

if you were really jolly unwell, would you prefer someone to be looking at you as a set of numbers? or would you prefer them to be looking at you as a person? would you get points for family? or kids? for pets? for the job you do? for the amount you earn? point systems guide yes, but imagine being told that you can’t have a treatment as you don’t have enough points – if only you were 1 year younger or that you had got married instead of just living together….

its that difficult thing though isn’t it, everyone is a worthy case in their own special way – and placing the responsibility of rationing on a doctor without objective/numbers criteria puts them in the almost impossible position of being the person who has to say ‘no’.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ninfan – Member
    Unfortunately for ninfan and his, erm, laser-like analyses, he has doomed himself from here to the end of the world to being known as…
    The guy with a tiny dick.

Well, its hardly news, but, see, you fell into the same trap as Cougar – you reacted to what you think I said rather than what I actually said.

I just said I’d like a larger one

Yes. I know. But isn’t it fun…

sammysquid
    Free Member

ninfan – Member
    its that difficult thing though isn’t it, everyone is a worthy case in their own special way – and placing the responsibility of rationing on a doctor without objective/numbers criteria puts them in the almost impossible position of being the person who has to say ‘no’.

I think you will find a lot of doctors (senior ones) are in that position often.
    I think the problem is there is no objective global measure.
    For example pain – you ask about back pain, very common, most people have it, some peoples pain is 1/10 some people 10/10 and can’t do anything. its all pain and is it some people’s is worse? or is it people have different pain thresholds? is it that some people just “get on with it”. I’ve seen people telling doctors their pain is 10/10 and hell and then kicking off as they can’t go for a fag. but these people would put their pain on this “objective measure” as 10/10 and above those who maybe have scored it differently…
    the same is true on impact on life. I know people who have their appendix out and want to go back to work that day and others who need “a few weeks off”.

sorry I realise I’ve changed the direction of this thread.
    back to Mr Hunt… he has too much vested interest in selling off the NHS to care about its future. He is very clever and knows what he is doing, its just a shame its dismantling the health service

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘It appears I have misunderstood Jeremy Hunt all along….’ is closed to new replies.