Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Issues with Rockshox Maxel 15mm
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

Morning all.

Having problems with my Rockshox Maxel 15mm (2014 revelations, not the new Pike version). It is either really tight, or loose. There doesn’t seem to be any adjustment with the little allen key bolt?

Does anyone know if it is possible to strip down and service it?

fearless1993
    Free Member

Not to sure on stripping it, but Ive had problems with the older Maxels , I had to buy a replacement and my bike shop sent me the 2014 which i have not had any problems with yet. If you can get your hands on the most recent Maxel it is a lot better designed.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Hmm really don’t want to buy a new one. Don’t really want to send it back under warranty, I’m sure they will want the whole fork…

fearless1993
    Free Member

Yeah, its a pain in the ass, they are expensive for what they are but i think you should and you shouldn’t have any issues with the new one. Touch wood. I cant imagine they will but when mine broke I tried to get one free of RS but they said (judging by the photos i sent them). They said… ” this axel appears to be damaged because you have have failed to carry out basic maintenance procedures, so unfortunately we can not replace it. I.E they tried to say I never greased it because i cleaned the axel before taking a photo of it. Anyways i rang Paul’s cycles and they said as a good will jester they will knock me 30% of a new Maxel.

It’s still worth giving them a call tho, or try to contact the shop you got it from,maybe they will help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Issues with Rockshox Maxel 15mm’ is closed to new replies.