Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Issues playing videos imported from iphone 5SE in QuickTime Play
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Hi – I’m looking for some help with issues I am having when trying to play videos thru QuickTime Play which have been imported from iphone 5SE into iphoto. First off the issue is that when I play any of the videos they seem to judder with the audio being out of sync with the images. Its almost as if the video is buffering.
    The iphoto library and hence the videos are stored in an external hard drive – would this have an affect?

Ill give details of hardware & software in case its relevant:
    Its an old MacBook which has seen better days (Mac OS X version 10.6.8 Processor 2Ghz Intel Core Duo)
    QuickTime Play Version 10 (131)
    Iphoto ’09 8.1.2 (424)

Thanks for any help!

maccruiskeen

the videos are stored in an external hard drive – would this have an affect

Copy one from the external drive onto the computer and play it from there – see if that makes a difference, that’ll tell you whether the drive or the USB port is a bottle neck.

Albanach
    Free Member

Thanks maccruiskeen I’ve only just got round to trying that but still having the same issues unfortunately.

drlex
    Free Member

What resolution are the videos? I suspect that the processor is struggling to decode at the required rate.
    If you go to Settings > Photos & Camera, and tap either Record Video or Record Slow-mo, what is the setting shown? If it’s 4K at 30fps, try reducing to 720p and see if you get the same issue.
    Same issue if you try playing in QuickTime or VLC?

Albanach
    Free Member

thanks drlex – both iphones used are set to record videos at 1080p at 30fps and slo-mo at 720p at 240fps. I’ll change the settings and upload to iphoto and see if I get the same issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Issues playing videos imported from iphone 5SE in QuickTime Play’ is closed to new replies.