Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Issac Hayes, SHAFT!
  • Ambrose

O to the M to the G!

Some ad prompted me to listen to the original, the all time best, the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvRvSxsW-I

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, it is good isn’t it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We almost wore out the juke box record when I was student at the Edinburgh College of Art club

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m often tempted, when asked to provide a security question to use “Who’s the black private dick who’s a sex machine to all the chicks”

Damn right.

Ambrose

Now listening to Arethra… life is good 🙂

bennyboy1
    Free Member

As a 17 year old away for the first time at a festival I saw Isaac Hayes perform shaft at the 1997 Phoenix Festival, the band kept the song going for over 20 mins. That experience will never leave me, truely epic!

flange
    Free Member

True Story

I’d bunked off work around the time Shaft (the remake) came out and went down the cinema on a Tuesday afternoon to watch it. Get there early, sat with my popcorn and big coke waiting for the film to start, a group of people in wheelchairs are helped into the cinema and down to a raised platform near the front. Unfortunately one of the wheelchairists overshoots the edge of the platform and takes a dive (wheelchair et al) into the first few rows of seats. Obviously the cinema is dark so I can only see the silhouette of what’s going on, but I see the two chaperones rush around the others and into the front row of seats to help the person in the wheelchair marooned there.

Well, the fall must have broken the chair to a certain degree because as soon as they tip the chair (with person in it) back onto its wheels, it takes off down the front of the cinema at full chat, person on board. As mentioned, all I can see is the outline of someone in a wheelchair flying across in front of the projector screen. As if the wheelchairists luck couldn’t get any worse, it strikes the far wall at an angle which bounces it round and fires it off down the corridor to the exit doors – big crash and obviously they’ve exited the cinema. At which point all the other wheelchairists who’d been sat on the platform watching the events unfold, applaud.

I nearly coughed a bollock up…

BigJohn

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in ages!

Saw the film when it first came out. Drawn to it by the soundtrack.

mintimperial

As a 17 year old away for the first time at a festival I saw Isaac Hayes perform shaft at the 1997 Phoenix Festival, the band kept the song going for over 20 mins. That experience will never leave me, truely epic!

Heh. I was there too. That was indeed quite a good gig.

Quite a memorable weekend in general, in fact, apart from the bits I can’t remember at all, which I’m assured were also quite good. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Issac Hayes, SHAFT!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts