• This topic has 160 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • Israel well done…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

removed it as dont want to start a singletrack war !

freedom of speach baby yeah !

Stoner
    Free Member

shush! or you’ll wake up kaesae!

footflaps

ultimately they all hate the western world

You’ve obviously never been to the middle east!

Lovely people, and lovely countries. Just a few extremists (as have every country).

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Have been many times…

Just a few extremists (as have every country). This is true…take the “all” back…

footflaps

Also, you do know that Israel was created by in the 20th Century (with Britain’s help). We basically took a chunk of land from the Palestinians, gave them some money and said ‘These are your new neighbours, like it or lump it’. You might feel a bit peeved if someone came along and did that to your home town / country, especially if the new neighbours kept deciding they wanted more land, but couldn’t even be bothered to offer money for it and just rolled in a few tanks and took what they wanted…..

footflaps

It’s far from black and white in the middle east – and Israel hold the record for UN decrees against it for it’s aggressive behaviour and land stealing…..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I know all the history…thanks

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

land stealing….britain was good at that as well…

mcboo
    Free Member

Israel arent angels but the UN and its resolutions can go take a running jump. You want something approved by the Security Council? Better go cap in hand to Putin’s Politburo and the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How ARE we going to solve “The Jewish Problem”, eh?

footflaps

I know all the history…thanks

Well your initial post came across as if you had no idea about the ME and just wanted to start sh*t stirring.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

How ARE we going to solve “The Jewish Problem”, eh? -thats a bit off mate !

binners

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

not at all…proud of my roots etc…

like the rest of the world are any better…North Korea china french british to name but a few…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member

How ARE we going to solve “The Jewish Problem”, eh? -thats a bit off mate !

Not to some on STW Forum, it would seem…

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

then they are all racist ??!?! how do they feel about other religions ???? mmmm

joeydeacon
    Free Member

My main issue with the conflict is the moment anyone shows any degree of sympathy for the Palestinian’s plight, they are labelled as terrorist sympathisers and anti semitic.

I personally have nothing against any individual regardless of their religion or skin colour – but over the years the Israeli actions against the Palestinians are pretty disproportionate – compare the number of casualties on both sides.

The Palestinians are oppressed 24/7 – being treated like livestock, denied access to medical supplies and forced to go through checkpoint after checkpoint at gun point just to function in every day life. I’m sure if the same conditions were imposed on people from this country then some of us would retaliate. I’m not justifying the Palestinian actions – any loss of life is totally inexcusable – however the extremists only launch rockets and commit acts of terrorism in what they see as a last resort.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I personally have nothing against any individual regardless of their religion

That’s jolly good. Shame all the people in the conflict aren’t like you – religion being the WHOLE of the problem.

As usual.

footflaps

There is nothing more dangerous than someone who has nothing to lose and most Palestinians fall into that category….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

The Palestinians are oppressed 24/7 – being treated like livestock, denied access to medical supplies and forced to go through checkpoint after checkpoint at gun point just to function in every day life. I’m sure if the same conditions were imposed on people from this country then some of us would retaliate. I’m not justifying the Palestinian actions – any loss of life is totally inexcusable – however the extremists only launch rockets and commit acts of terrorism in what they see as a last resort.

and you read this where…? i know for a fact that the non extrimists get along very well…even working together in hospitals…

footflaps

religion being the WHOLE of the problem.

Hardly, religion is just their flavour of politics.

It was never going to go well from the off. Whoever thought you could just create a new country, by force, in someone else’s territory – that’s hardly going to end well………

footflaps

The whole thing is such a mess.

On the one hand I have a huge amount of sympathy for the Jewish people after the second world war – what they went through was unimaginable and I can see why they behave as they do. On the other hand, I have a huge amount of sympathy for the Palestinians who have got a very bum deal out of the creation of the state of Israel and continue to suffer massively every day.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Muslims hate Jews. Jews hate Muslims.

Of course – just politics…

footflaps

Hmm, ever been there and talked to them about it? I’ve worked there and most Jewish people are appalled by how their government behaves on occasion (which did surprise me).

deviant
    Free Member

After the war, efforts we’re made to partition the region known as Palestine into a Jewish territory and an Arab territory. The Jews accepted the proposal but the Arabs rejected it and war ensued….Israel was then declared in 1948.
    Foolish decision by the Arab leaders at the time, how much different would things have been if both parties had agreed on that deal?

footflaps

Foolish decision by the Arab leaders at the time

Hardly a fair deal though if you’re Arab? It’s like offering you a 50% pay cut in return for nothing. I can sort of see why they weren’t keen at the time.

Even so, if Israel had stuck to the original borders, there would be a lot less trouble…..

tonyg2003

Having been to Israel, Saudi, Jordon and Eygpt in the last few months I can say that most people I have met are just trying to get on with their lives and they don’t particularly hate their “enemies” they just distrust them. I haven’t been to Gaza etc which is probably more extreme.

BTW all this recent stuff is probably the Israeli government stirring things up to seem strong before the upcoming election.

footflaps

Of all the places I’ve worked in, the ME is by far my favourite, the people are just so nice and warm.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

It’s not a ‘Jewish problem’.

SOME Muslims hate Jews; SOME Jews hate Muslims. In reality, most actually get along fine, as do Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and Atheists.

To reduce the situation of the situation between Israel and Palestine to a ‘Jewish Problem’ is staggeringly ignorant and dismissive of all other factors involved in the conflict.

Most Jews I know hate the actions of the Israeli military against Palestinians.

Most Muslims I know abhor the actions of extreme fundamentalists.

And all the people I choose to associate with agree that we should all try to get along irrespective of our differences.

But continue to generalise if you want. Just don’t expect anyone to take your views seriously.

richc
    Free Member

After the war, efforts we’re made to partition the region known as Palestine into a Jewish territory and an Arab territory. The Jews accepted the proposal but the Arabs rejected it and war ensued….Israel was then declared in 1948.

**** me, that’s an interesting interpretation. Do you for for the Israeli propaganda department? If not you ought to!

patriotpro
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    Also, you do know that Israel was created by in the 20th Century (with Britain’s help). We basically took a chunk of land from the Palestinians, gave them some money and said ‘These are your new neighbours, like it or lump it’. You might feel a bit peeved if someone came along and did that to your home town / country, especially if the new neighbours kept deciding they wanted more land,

Is this England you’re refering to or Palestine/Israel? It sounds very much like Britain with it’s ever increasing imposed immigrant population and the “like it or lump it” attitude that goes with it.

FuzzyWuzzy

I say just ban all religion, it’s only tosh so people don’t worry so much about dying anyway yet it’s used to justify the worst of mankind’s abuses

chewkw
    Free Member

Mankind = maggots … 😆

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Foolish decision by the Arab leaders at the time, how much different would things have been if both parties had agreed on that deal?

More like; the Arabs were told ‘this is what’s happening and you have no say in the matter, like it or lump it’. Harldy a genuine negotiation where both parties were happy at the outcome. ‘We’re taking this land and that’s that’. Not exactly a ‘negotiation’.

Guesss what? They didn’t like it. and we are where we are.

maccruiskeen

How can we be sure this isn’t all just a clever cross-platform marketing stunt for the current series of ‘Homeland’?

footflaps

Religion / Politics / Tribalism, it’s all the same thing, just the details of how different groups define themselves. Both Judaism and Islam and fundamentally peaceful religions, just that each camp has extremists who interpret things in a violent way to justify their behaviour.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

mikeconnor – Member

It’s not a ‘Jewish problem’.

Yes. I know. 🙄

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Mankind = maggots

Unfair. Maggots at least serve a function by turning dead flesh into organic matter which provides nutrients for other organisms.

humans seem to do the opposite.

deviant
    Free Member

Life isn’t fair, the winners usually have the biggest guns.
    I say nuke the region and start again.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

mikeconnor – Member

Are you an American? You don’t seem to understand irony.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Israel well done…’ is closed to new replies.