Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Isnt night riding in the rain….
  • parkesie
    Free Member

just brilliant fun or is it just me?

very wet bike 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

S'just you mate. Sod that for a laugh.

(I only like mountain biking when it's nice and sunny and warm)

trailmonkey

It's just you.

It's rubbish.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Seek help,and quickly.

ziggy
    Free Member

Yep, haven't been out in rain like that for years, or wind for that matter.

So wet that the bike was surprisingly clean when I got home, however first thing tomorrow the so called waterproof jacket I bought is going back. Soggy wet back for half of the ride 🙁

parkesie
    Free Member

to avoid a wet back i wear my camel pack under the jacket 🙂

Maybe i do need help but god is a hot cup of tea good after that.

Hairychested
    Free Member

You should be locked up for the miscoordinated colours of mudguards.

MicArms

Tis the dogs. I love it.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I'd rather stay indoors and **** until I was puffing dust.

parkesie
    Free Member

Had the mud guards forever they were originally on my red and yellow cannondale Cad1. Still work all these years on 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I don't really enjoy riding in the rain. The actual ride isn't too bad as once you're wet you're wet, but its the thought of having to clean the bike after if you want functional gears.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Get used to it I get the feeling it's going to be a wet few weeks 😉

had fun tonight, did a low level route through the forestry, no dog walkers out so could blast through 😉

bol

Just back from a wet, pitch dark pre-ride of the Dusk til Dawn course. Brilliant fun. Big gang of us, all soaked but having a great time. Wouldn't want to do it all the time mind.

parkesie
    Free Member

No dog walkers but a few doggers out 😆

iainc

a beautiful dry and still night in Mugdock tonight for the GMBC ride. Caught the end of the sunset on Loch Ardinning and a great wee blast around. Trails a bit muddy but not too bad considering how wet it has been last few days. 😛

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Few of us just got back from 3 hrs of the most fun riding ever !.
    Friston Forest near Eastbourne
    Hissing down, mud, soaked but laughed my moobs off 😆

Couldnt see more than couple foot in front in places due to rain and mist / fog shite – just a great crack 😆

quality !

thomthumb
    Free Member

what colour do you see?

spooky_b329

bunnerscj…I guess you were riding with Muddyarse? Who are you? We missed it on the pretence of going to look at a new car…and I still got wet walking back to my car after the test drive and to cap it off, a very empty wallet 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Beautiful in Mabie last night dry and warm. Not a fan of wet night rides myself.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Went out in the evening a few weeks ago – within 30 mins wet to the skin but once your wet its fine 🙂

takisawa2

Tis fun, but take 15 derees off the temp & it loses its appeal. Still, one must soldier on.

Mounty_73

I think it took all of my 'motivation' to get out last night, even then it was only a quick loop, just wanted to test the waterproof jacket…

Over here it was pretty cold too.

tails
    Free Member

Nothing worse than riding in the rain, commuted in the stuff yesterday and got another flat with crap schwalbe produce. I need get rich quick as august has been a right off weather wise and it's downhill from there. 😡

Spain get the Canary Islands we get the Isle of Wight, must be karma for all the bad stuff our ancestors did.

FuzzyWuzzy

It's great once you're out, it's the convincing yourself to go out in the first place and dealing with the bike/clothes after that's the shite part.

yunki
    Free Member

flipping heck… down in the tropical Westcountry we rarely venture out unless it's drizzling or worse… too hot otherwise..

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its really bloody wet here but I cant wait to go out tonight. I am actually considering putting a mud tyre on the back.

stumpy01

bol – Member
    Just back from a wet, pitch dark pre-ride of the Dusk til Dawn course. Brilliant fun. Big gang of us, all soaked but having a great time. Wouldn't want to do it all the time mind.

Is it clearly visible yet?? I take it, it's not yet marked out??

I was there on Sunday & wondered when the course would be completed.

We're going tonight for a couple of hours to Thetford. It was wet enough on Sunday so i dread to think what it'll be like now!! Should be good fun.

tonyg2003

Road in the rain last night with 8 other nutters. It started off torrential and just got heavier. The roads were awash as I paddled up to our starting point and as soon as we were on the trails they weren't trails just streams. After 30mins the fog and mist rolled in and we had to switch our lights to minimum settings to stop the glare from the mist. Could hardly see a thing.

Best fun I've had in ages.

bobbyspangles

you dont have to be mad to ride here, but it helps.

donks
    Free Member

Nice Decade you have there pal….just ditch the gears though 😀

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Night riding in the rain is awesome, but night riding in the snow is even better!

RepacK
    Free Member

Lets put it this way – it was a laugh but I wouldnt want to do it every night..

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Spooky_b, email me !
    Bunners

bol

Is it clearly visible yet?? I take it, it's not yet marked out??

It isn't clearly marked out yet – and bits of it are barely visible through the bracken. We went with a couple of people who've ridden it a few times before, so knew where they were going. It's a nice course though, and in the dry it'll be pretty quick. If it's wet again the bits round the beast are going to be pretty sketchy after a couple of laps.

stumpy01

It isn't clearly marked out yet – and bits of it are barely visible through the bracken. We went with a couple of people who've ridden it a few times before, so knew where they were going. It's a nice course though, and in the dry it'll be pretty quick. If it's wet again the bits round the beast are going to be pretty sketchy after a couple of laps.

We went last night & it was very wet; more ponds than puddles. I am guessing we found bits of the route from your description – lots of very narrow bracken-y sections.

Are they using The Beast, then? Hope not, as last time they did for a race it ruined it for ages afterwards. It was only just about getting some kind of flow back – I think that was after they ran it backwards….

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Isnt night riding in the rain….’ is closed to new replies.